Where do all Indy's girls go?

fixer79

Niteshade007 said:
Haha, I always thought it would be funny to think that Elsa only fell about ten feet and hit her head, knocking her out. Then waking up to realize everyone had left her in there. I suppose at that point though she could just grab the grail and walk out. I mean, would the temple collapse twice?

Now that'd be a twist I'd like to see ;)

otto rahn

Finn said:
Now, why doesn't anyone wonder where all James Bond's women go...

Indy's a player. Period.
Interesting that you should say that "Finn". I recently purchased "James Bond: The Authorised Biography" by John Pearson . In it he ALMOST marries Honeychile Rider (from "Dr No") at the end of the book. (I haven't read the whole book, just skimmed it). It is written as if the author was doing Bond's biography, complete with interviews with Bond and some other characters from the books from the look of it. I wonder whether he interviews Felix Leiter ?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Suppose, in an adventure around 1960, Elsa unwittingly hooks up with Mutt before Indy can stop them. Then she discovers she's pregnant. According to the novelization, the grail makes you age one day for every year. Since Elsa slept with all 3 Jones men over a month of her life, any one could be the father. However, after she was revived with the grail by the knight, it's revealed he then squired her - repeatedly - as they whiled away the decades until she wandered out of the temple. In the end, Elsa moves to England to await genetic testing of her child's noble lineage.

Vance

Doctorjones said:
As some of you will know in some Indy novels indy has a wife called Deidre Campbell. Then in the Emperor's tomb video game there is Mei ying. And then there is Willie Scott. Then Marion, Elsa and Sophia. Does anyone know where they all go? Because how come he's in love with one girl, then he has someone else and then someone else again. Any thoughts? :whip:

"They belong in a museum!"

DIrishB

Indyologist said:
Meh. Indy may be a player, but he eventually settles down and marries... hopefully... a certain Miss Ravenwood.

Remember, he has a daughter in YIJC, if you count that series as part of Indy's timeline. He stuck it to someone obviously. Indy's an old-fashioned man of his word, so I like to think that he was a good father and supported whomever he got pregnant, Marion or not.

I think he went the old-fashioned way and got married, though. He married Dierdre, after all, and I personally do count her in in Indy's life. Even though Indy is a ladies' man and can be somewhat of a scoundral, I think when it comes to a serious relationship Indy is totally sincere. I wouldn't have him any other way or I (and thousands of other female Indy fans) would lose respect for him.

Granted he was a total arrogant jerk towards Marion ("You knew what you were doing" and "trust me" with a sarcastic sneer), Wille ("I don't like to prejudice my 'experiment', I'll let you know in the morning) and Elsa ("You like the way I do things"), I think he would make a devoted, if somewhat aggrevating, husband. Marion would be my choice to put Indy in his place when he got too uppity. I bet Marion is the only woman that can raise her fist to Indy and make him flinch! Then I'd have her punch him playfully in the arm-- "Ha ha! Made you flinch Juuuunior!" to which Indy would sneer and tromp into the kitchen for another cup of coffee, grumbling the whole way... hee hee! Either that, or he'd roll his eyes and point his finger at her and wag it, which is another one of his trademarks (actually, I call it the "Harrison Ford Finger." Watch any one of Ford's movies and I guarantee it'll appear, especially when his character is angry).

Also, I think that to honor her dad Marion would have her last name be Ravenwood-Jones. Or do you put the married name first? Either way, Indy loved Abner so he wouldn't mind at all. Just my HO.

Indyologist...you are the ****. Seriously. Called it almost 2 years before Crystal Skull's release, etc, etc, etc. Sure, many others did, too, and kudos to them, too. And even more to Marion, who after two movies, two previous attempts at a relationship, and twenty-one years in the Indy timeline (and twenty-seven in the real world)....finally locked Indy's ass down. Hehe. Good for her!

I know this might be a bit of a delayed response, given this was posted years ago and Crystal Skull was released in May, but I only saw it now.

This whole thread is gold. Some pretty funny posts.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
DIrishB said:
twenty-one years in the Indy timeline
Thirty-two... they first met around 1926, and the wedding was in spring (according to the Complete Making of), 1958.

Stoo

Moedred said:
...and the wedding was in spring (according to the Complete Making of), 1958.
The new book Greatest Adventures of Indiana Jones has a "replica" of the wedding invitation and the date is
18 Oct 1957 (2 PM). It doesn't really match with the rest of the book but just thought I'd mention this factoid...

DIrishB

Moedred said:
Thirty-two... they first met around 1926, and the wedding was in spring (according to the Complete Making of), 1958.

D'oh! Brain-fart...was dating from Raiders instead of ten years before it. My mistake. The 1958 date of the wedding is news to me.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Violet Indy said:
Get over it guys! Marion and Indy did it! ....
... and yeah, I would like to see the end of IJ4, where Marion and Indy are togther.

I would just like to say.... I think Spielberg and Lucas read this post! Halfway, anyway.

And yes, maybe in Raiders, they might not have considering Mutt's age but.... they have done it at some stage between '36 and '37! :p

And yes, I did enjoy the wedding ending.

Which reminds me... Stoo, would you be so kind enough to show me a piccy of the invitation? I'm just so curious to see it!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Stoo said:
wedding invitation and the date is 18 Oct 1957 (2 PM)
Whoa, they were in a hurry. Great, another chronology conundrum.
Do scan images if you have the chance, over in the book's thread!

Stoo

Violet Indy said:
Which reminds me... Stoo, would you be so kind enough to show me a piccy of the invitation? I'm just so curious to see it!
Moedred said:
Whoa, they were in a hurry. Great, another chronology conundrum.
Do scan images if you have the chance, over in the book's thread!
A "piccy"?:) Done (along with some others). Chronology conundrum, indeed. The book uses the same date
for Indy & Mutt's departure for Peru!:rolleyes: Now, I want to go find the mention of the spring wedding in "Complete Making of"...

oki9Sedo

This is a frequently asked question I never understood.

Where did they go? Indy broke up with them, thats where.