Hasbro Playset - The Lost Temple of Akator

doesitmatter

Got an Akator playset today. I never had the Mustafar so it's completely new to me, and really neat.

While it doesn't look like Akator, it does look very Indy. There's an alcove in the back that fits the crystal skeletons well and if you want to put the deluxe temple sets there, it will look fine. I'm going back to TRU and getting the Akator game so it can have the spiral staircase.

I am with this line until the bitter end.

Lance Quazar

doesitmatter said:
Got an Akator playset today. I never had the Mustafar so it's completely new to me, and really neat.

While it doesn't look like Akator, it does look very Indy. There's an alcove in the back that fits the crystal skeletons well and if you want to put the deluxe temple sets there, it will look fine. I'm going back to TRU and getting the Akator game so it can have the spiral staircase.

I am with this line until the bitter end.

I would love to see more detailed pictures of this, especially of the back, if you get the chance!

Lambonius

Kevin said:
I love the latest pics posted by Lambonius on the second page of that thread, they really show the potential for combining this set with others to make the ultimate Indy diorama! I hope we see more playsets like this in the future.

Haha...I actually posted those here too, just in the New Acquisitions thread. ;)

vf wing

Hmmmm.... will Hasbro announce they're pulling the plug on the line right after releasing this gorgeous playset?? Methinks not... this could really bolster the line!

kevblee

I don't think this giant playset is going to bolster much of anything. I see them everywhere now, just another object collecting dust. I think a MKVII tank from the Last Crusade would not be sitting on the shelves.

tnswman

Here are my 1st 2 Playsets..At least 2 more are shipped to me and I will buy one more ASAP!!

indy001-22.jpg

indy002-21.jpg

tnswman

Nurhachi1991 said:
I bought the set yesterday I'm taking it back today it was a waste of 39.00

this post was a waste of space!! really, What did you expect and how can you NOT appreciate it?

Nurhachi1991

tnswman said:
this post was a waste of space!! really, What did you expect and how can you NOT appreciate it?

The set is a joke dude I saw the pictures and I got excited but when I opened it and set it up I was just like meh........ Just another thing I will never use. Hasbro needs to make a ROTLA set or TOD or LC something that has to do with the movie the only good thing about this set was the awsome artwork on the box.

vf wing

Great pics tnswman! Are you keeping one boxed?

This set has taken some heat for not being specific to the design of the temple in the film. However, i'm now finding myself drawn to that very fact, that it's generic enough to stand in for a Raiders playset or maybe even a TOD.

I'm hoping it goes over well with collectors. It seems like a shoo-in with fans having so much pent-up demand for new items from the line and Hasbro supplying so few. This could be among the last items we get. A strong sell-thru on it could get Hasbro's attention.

I had to make a special trek out to Elkin tonight to see if it might be at the Wally there, but no dice. Did pick up an extra Russian soldier tho. I'm gonna go ahead and order one from HTS, but i'm really wanting to score one right now!

I'm looking forward to going back over this thread to check the pics i've missed!

Lambonius

I posted these pics a day or so ago in New Acquisitions, but they probably belong here more than they do there, so I'm putting them up here too. Just a few shots to illuminate the possibilities, particularly with using it for a Raiders set. Felt it was a relevant double post given the last couple of posts.

100_1307.jpg

100_1339.jpg

100_1333.jpg

Nurhachi1991

I will admit the pics you guys did look fantastic! The idol in the temple what a great idea!

One of the reasons I took it back is because money is really tight right now and until I get a job I can't afford a 40.00 playset. I'm selling most of the Legos I won as it is :(

The set is not horrible its just........ I dont even know haha

Lambonius

Nurhachi1991 said:
The set is not horrible its just........ I dont even know haha

I think I know how you feel. Don't get me wrong, I love the playset. It's just that the crappy fate of the line and all the obnoxious Hasbro blunders have left me halfway between having a really bad taste in my mouth for these figures and absolutely craving every last one I can get my hands on because I don't think I'll be able to get any more. If that makes any sense. :p It's almost like I feel like we should have gotten so much more than we did, and it's making the ones we did get seem crappier as a result.

Nurhachi1991

Lambonius said:
I think I know how you feel. Don't get me wrong, I love the playset. It's just that the crappy fate of the line and all the obnoxious Hasbro blunders have left me halfway between having a really bad taste in my mouth for these figures and absolutely craving every last one I can get my hands on because I don't think I'll be able to get any more. If that makes any sense. :p It's almost like I feel like we should have gotten so much more than we did, and it's making the ones we did get seem crappier as a result.

You hit the nail on the head my friend......... I just moved from Nevada to Cali and just got internet today it has been a rough move and the LC figures always kept me in a good mood I would check stores hoping to find them and when I did I could not wait for the TOD figures. When I first saw the pics of the melted face Toht and Satipo I literally jumped out of my seat these are the figures I have wanted since I was 5 years old and to see them not get made deeply upsets me.....