LEAST favorite movies!

Onya

Indy's_main_man said:
I think she's very smart.

I couldn't care less what Hillary Duff's like in real life. The movie's awful one way or another--should've put at #1, actually.

In response to Swept Away, well, I guess it was sort of funny when that guy's imagining doing those horrible things to those people, but other than that... sorry.

If I thought really hard, I could probably come up with something more worthy than the ones I listed--but I try to block out the bad memories.

Onya

Renderking Fisk said:
Movies that show-case "new talent" tend to be "light" on plot.

Mandy Moore is the exception. The girls got real talent. I have no idea why people get all excited about Britney Spears when Mandy's the real deal.

Norah Jones... far above them all.

Never listen to pop.

But for some reason I have a Norah Jones CD, which is saying a lot since of my massive CD collection (music freak), I only have two female artists included. And Norah Jones is the only one I actually like.... So I have to agree with you on that one.

Canyon

Canyon said:
The worst films that I have ever seen have to be Ace Ventura Pet Detective, Harem (Nastassja Kinski) and Along Came Polly.

Avoid these at all costs!

Oh, and you can add Final Destination 2 to that list as well. :(

I

Indy's_main_man

Renderking Fisk said:
I have no idea why people get all excited about Britney Spears when Mandy's the real deal.

Britney has 2 big reasons....you'll find them not only everywhere she goes but also being flaunted in her videos

Christina Aguilara is very talented...but she wastes it

Avril Lavigne has an amazing voice, too....but she uses it up on songs about her ex boyfriends

I

Indy's_main_man

hmmmm......seems to have turned to movies with singers in them :D

but if you want bad movies...look no further then disney movies that go straight to video (like aladin 2)

Tennessee R

Uncorked.
In my opinion, a boring and bad movie.

I know that a lot of people like
Groundhog Day
here at the Raven, but it's just too long, and over and over, and same old, same old, for me.

I

Indy's_main_man

but all of that built up until we saw Bill Murray kill himself all those times....that must've been fun if you weren't enjoying the movie.

matthiassatlure

Now, let's discuss some movies I hate...

Red Rose - Bad bad bad Stephen King movie...the director kept switching cameras..arghhhhhhh!!!!

As for LOTR..I can't say I disliked the trilogy. Ian Mckellen was a good Gandalf (although Sean was asked first for the role, which he turned down), and of course, John Rhys-Davises was a great Gimli. What cheeses me off about it is Orlando Bloom. I'm sorry if there are any fans of his here, but he gets on my nerves.

Pirates of the Caribbean is another movie I enjoy talking bad about...because too many of my friends like it, not to mention ORLANDO..argh. Johnny Depp was great in that...although seemingly stuck in a bottle of alcoholic beverage the whole time. :) This movie is a pet peeve of mine..because one of my friends was pointing out that it made more money than Raiders did, and she won't admit ot the fact that movie ticket prices have gone up severly between 2003 and 1980.

Jeez.

I

Indy's_main_man

Rose Red is probably the best written miniseries ever. Simply because the acting was tolerable and because it was by king it had a PLOT. it wasn'r just "these people are in a haunted house" it was "these people are in a haunted house but here's their stories and here's the background of the house".

Maybe the end was a little predictable but the set was amazing and there were perfectly timed bits of comic relief. It was the ultimate haunted house movie because you saw a detailed explaination of why this place was haunted as opposed to the 5 minute one most films give you.

as for the cameras, are you reffering to the house scenes? The point of this was to make the house seem very large at times and very small and closterphobic at other times.

I

Indy's_main_man

Indyz Azn Gurl said:
Rose Red was awesome, yo!!!
Not scary, but like IMM said...

It had a plot.

When viewing this as a weekly miniseries on ABC the first time, some of the ghosts that emery sees in his house are scary.

matthiassatlure

Well, I actually watched it on DVD, which took two disks..it wasn't that bad, but the scene in the bar really bothered me..

As for Ren's comment on Lord of the Rings fans, we Indy fans aren't that different...

The other day I was at a friend's house, reading the Boston Globe, and there was an article about the Lord of the Rings exhibt at the Boston Museum of Science. There were some pictures of people in costume, and others of the diffent special effect things there. I comment aloud when I read sometimes, to the annoyance of other people, and I said, quite loudly, "Look at those freaks.." and then I looked at the next picture and exclaimed, "Whoa, that's a cool fedora!"

My friend Dave started laughing, and I was like, "What?"...then I realized what I'd just said..

Another funny thing that happened while I was reading that same newspaper was the astrological forecasts.

I actually went, "Oooh..I wonder what my archaelogical forecast is today," before Dave started laughing at me again.

You know...there is a limit to how many times one newpaper can embarrass you, isn't there?

Rick5150

Since the definition of least favorite movie and worst movie are not at all similar, I choose Plan 9 from Outer Space as the worst (but most unintentionally funny movie) and either the Master of Disguise with Dana Carvey or Smokey and the Bandit 3 for least favorite movie. Smokey and The Bandit 2 was bad enough, but how can you do a Bandit movie without Burt Reynolds? Boy, that car kicked ass though...

Kate

Yay! Someone else who has seen "Plan 9." I own it and break it out every once in a while for a lugh. My favorite part is when he is supposed to have gotten hit by a car offscreen but his shadow is still seen standing up. All you Raveners who haven't seen this movie, you MUST watch it! It really makes you appreciate good movies.

Rick5150

Hi Kate, check out pages 3 and 4 of "Star Wars: Prequel Trilogy" thread. My favorite part as I mentioned there (to save you the trouble) is that Bela Lugosi really died during filming and they replaced his character with a stand-in who bore no resemblance to him whatsoever. To hide the fact, he holds a cape over his face for the remainder of his scenes. Well, that and the fantastic dialog. For example, "Visits? That would indicate visitors!"

Kate

Yeah there's some great dialogue in the movie. My favorite line is "The flowers she had planted with her own hands suddenly became the lost roses of her cheeks." Ridiculous!