Favorite Bible Verse

I love reading my Bible, i thought it would be nice if everyone and Mods posted there favorite Bible verse.

And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. Genesis 9:15

And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. Genesis 9:16

Agent Crab

Rocket Surgeon said:
Proverbs 26:11- As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly.

Lulz..

Epic win.

I don't read the Bible. I really have no belifes, but I respect people who di have belifes and such.

Agent Crab said:
Lulz..

Epic win.

I don't read the Bible. I really have no belifes, but I respect people who di have belifes and such.

LOL I thought my favorite friend read his Bible, well we all will be Judged at the end of time I just pray and hope my family and friends will be saved and all the homeless people.

RedeemedChild

Here is one of the most powerful, faith-inspiring and encouraging Bible text in all of scripture. To be honest there are many Bible text that I consider to be my favorites and yet I shall post this one because it is so very positive and uplifting.

I am the Resurrection, and the Life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And who soever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die.

John 11:25-26.

That scripture is very meaningful to me, especially after seeing my grandmother on my mother's side of the family die and fall asleep in Christ and now as I watch my grandmother on my father's side struggle to recover from a stroke this Bible promise becomes more and more alive and it gives me hope for tomorrow. Another source of strength and hope are the songs Keeping Me Alive by The Afters and You Carried Me by Building 429.

The above scripture is also brought to life in an incredible way in the television series Jesus of Nazareth in which it is delivered in the scene of Christ (Robert Powell) raising Lazarus from the dead.

IndyWolf15 said:
LOL I thought my favorite friend read his Bible, well we all will be Judged at the end of time I just pray and hope my family and friends will be saved and all the homeless people.

And such as the Iraq?

ResidentAlien said:
And such as the Iraq?

Yes everyone. Just post your favorite Bible verse plz.

Here's another verse I think we should all love.

Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. Ex 20:12 KJV

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Ex 20:7 KJV.

metalinvader

Moses telling the Hebrews to kill the Midianites and to take their virgin women as love slaves.

Numbers 31.15-18

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves

Sounds like a Manowar song.

Gear

521124738_88cba2c756.jpg

"There's an old... saying in Tennessee... I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says 'fool me once... [3 second pause] ... shame on... [4 second pause]... shame on you... [6 second pause]... fool me'--can't get fooled again."

Nashville, Tennessee 9.17.02

gear guardian said:
521124738_88cba2c756.jpg

"There's an old... saying in Tennessee... I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee, that says 'fool me once... [3 second pause] ... shame on... [4 second pause]... shame on you... [6 second pause]... fool me'--can't get fooled again."

Nashville, Tennessee 9.17.02

You shall know them by their fruits. Matt 7:16 KJV

DocWhiskey

IndyWolf15 said:
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Ex 20:7 KJV.

This bible quote again? God damn.

AlivePoet

Psalm 137:9 -- "Blessed is the one who grabs your little children and smashes them against a rock." -GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)

Comments (1)
-Perfect summation of the OT

bennihana123

"For I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger forever." (Jeremiah 3:12)
"Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn forever." (Jeremiah 17:4)

RedeemedChild

Here is a wonderful Bible text that would be perfect for the PEACE CORPS to use and it simply comforting to find such Bible text being we live in such troubled times. It is high time that we "lay aside those things which so easily beset", let us unite, hand in hand and come together. Let us love one another.

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another." Romans 14:19

object>