Favorite Bible Verse

HovitosKing

Rocket Surgeon said:
Proverbs 26:11- As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly.
No better example of this than the thread you're currently reading.

"If a man's thoughts are not dissipated, if his mind is not perplexed, if he has ceased to think of good or evil, then there is no fear for him while he is watchful."

The Dhammapada, Chapter III

Last edited:
Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.

~Sacred Scrolls

The Drifter

ResidentAlien said:
Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.

~Sacred Scrolls

This sounds like the lyrics of some generic death metal band from Sweden.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Thanks. That means so much to me knowing that you care if I fail or not. Now, please keep posting more random metal lyrics for my enjoyment.

Ignorance ain't actually bliss.

Learn your holy texts -- read the Sacred Scrolls and find true enlightenment.

Heathen beast man!

The Drifter

ResidentAlien said:
Ignorance ain't actually bliss.

Learn your holy texts -- read the Sacred Scrolls and find true enlightenment.

Heathen beast man!

Yes, I am a beast man. I kind of like that moniker! Thanks RA! I shall now be known as The Beast Man! Rawr!

WillKill4Food

"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" - Luke 6:41

More Christians need to be asked this question.

The Drifter

Nurhachi1991 said:
"Milk Milk Lemonade around the corner fudge is made"

-The book of Griffin chapter 2

Yes, I like that one alot. How about this one.

"I sale propane and propane accessories."

The book of Hank Hill, in chapter four, verse five.

AlivePoet

ResidentAlien said:

~Sacred Scrolls

I was actually thinking that this reminds me heavily of a novel's premise I read some time ago. It is called "The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz" by Montreal's Mordecai Richler. The anti-hero, Duddy, is constantly pursuing the ownership of land by any means necessary--a sort of beast manliness, if you will--but he is influenced heavily by those around him, and is an unfortunate product of a materialistic society.

I'd suggest you check it out if you have the chance. Great book!

RedeemedChild

WillKill4Food said:
"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" - Luke 6:41

More Christians need to be asked this question.

Thank you AgentCrab. That is one powerful Scripture text that Christians seems to ignore. Christ did not speak words simply for the sake of being Philosophical but rather for the purpose and expanding the minds of men beyond their dwarfed state.

Luke 6:41 is just as relevant today as was when Christ first spake those words and Mahatma Gandhi echoed that Holy text when he said "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

BTW Mahatma Gandhi admired Christian belief. Below are some of his quotes:

"As soon as we lose the moral basis, we cease to be religious. There is no such thing as religion over-riding morality. Man, for instance, cannot be untruthful, cruel or incontinent and claim to have God on his side."
"The sayings of Muhammad are a treasure of wisdom, not only for Muslims but for all of mankind."
"I like your Christ..."
Later in his life when he was asked whether he was a Hindu, he replied:
"Yes I am. I am also a Christian, a Muslim, a Buddhist and a Jew."

BTW Agent Crab Gandhi also said basically the same the thing you said about Christians following the council given in Luke 6:41. Gandhi believe that it Christians followed that council then the world would be a very different (for the better) place.

AlivePoet said:
I was actually thinking that this reminds me heavily of a novel's premise I read some time ago. It is called "The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz" by Montreal's Mordecai Richler. The anti-hero, Duddy, is constantly pursuing the ownership of land by any means necessary--a sort of beast manliness, if you will--but he is influenced heavily by those around him, and is an unfortunate product of a materialistic society.

I'd suggest you check it out if you have the chance. Great book!

Oy-- am I the sole Planet of the Apes fan around these parts?

ResidentAlien said:
Oy-- am I the sole Planet of the Apes fan around these parts?

Sorry, didn't get back to this thread till now...nothing like a little of the Great Lawgiver.

Rocket Surgeon turns to the the rest of the posters on this thread:

"Shut up you freak(s)"!

Gear

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPG2HLyVdOg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPG2HLyVdOg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"And Christ said "Eiugh!" as he failedith from the cheap replica cross."

Failblog-P.WN.ED.​

George Lucas Named New Archbishop

OMAHA (KPTM)- After two years of searching for a replacement, the Archdiocese of Omaha now has a new "Commander in Chief."

Wednesday morning, Archbishop George Lucas was given a hero's welcome as the Vatican announced he'd be filling the shoes of the diocese's retiring bishop, Eldin Curtiss.

Born in Missiouri, he went to seminary school in St. Louis, where he eventually taught. He lead numerous parishes before serving as a bishop in Springfield, Illinois for ten years. He was a part of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, and of course, not to be left out, shares a name with the director of the "Star Wars" movies, George Lucas.

When asked, "have you ever ended a mass with 'May the force be with you,'" Bishop Lucas laughed, "I've resisted that temptation, up until now! I think I may be able to do it."