Favorite Bible Verse

Pale Horse

Staff member
I remember my Sunday school. This did not happen, when truth was asked by Pilate. It went something more like this:

Hung

Unlike the alabaster posts
that bore the rushing tides,
the legacy that I possess
transcends the test of time.

While monumental arenas,
colossal in their scale,
decay into forgotten dust,
I have still prevailed.

For I am heinous you will see
more wicked then the rest;
and when it comes to infamy
my nature is the best.

Though I am small (eight inches stiff)
you'll find that's all you need,
to penetrate the soft tissues
and make the body bleed.

If you insert me into wood
you'll find me stronger still;
instead of poking languidly
my purpose is fulfilled.

The perfect flesh that I thrust through
now dangles on my shaft,
It rips and slips and tears apart;
this torture is a craft.

Soon blood fills up the empty space
created from my hate,
asphyxiation quickly comes
and flesh chokes on its weight.

Historically forgotten quick
because of my small size;
it does not matter much to me
because I am so wise.

It's not enough to be well hung
the Romans knew this well.
for if you want to crucify
you have to use a nail.

(c) Pale Horse 10-09

The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace. Pslams 29:11 KJV.

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Pslams 27:14

IAdventurer01

"And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men'"

And that is what Christmas is all about, Raveners. :p

IAdventurer01 said:
"And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men'"

And that is what Christmas is all about, Raveners. :p
It sure is my dear friend (y)

Matt 2:20-25
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Jospeh, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is concevied in her is of the Holy Ghost.
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Behold, a virgin shall be withchild, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

AnnieJones

I have many favorite verses.Here is one of them.

Revelation 21:4 - And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

avidfilmbuff

Just letting everybody know that I'm a deist not a Christian, but I really love this quote from Revelations 6:12 which I first heard from Ghostbusters. "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood." Now does that send chills down your spine or what? It's interesting to note that in Ghosbusters, Ray mistakenly refers to this quote as Revelations 7:12 rather than 6:12. Just to let you know I'm not quoting from the film but rather from a family member's bible.

Peru1936

avidfilmbuff said:
Just letting everybody know that I'm a deist not a Christian.

I'm not a believer in any god or personified spirit (in fact, it was the reading of the Bible that ultimately showed me I'm not a Christian), but there are certainly great things to be read in holy books.

Happy is the man who finds wisdom and understanding, for the gain from it is better than gain from silver, and profit better than gold.
- Proverbs 3:13,14

Sermons in stone and gods everywhere be damned. Just enjoy
- Alan Watts

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Moderator Note

...Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. Because I carry a big stick and I'm the meanest mother fucker in the valley! Two sharks down! One demon fish to go! Can I get an Amen?

Any questions?

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Any questions?

"I hate to interrupt this moment of burgeoning intimacy but can we get the **** out of here? ... I'm not Daniel when he faced the lion. So I appreciate the irony, Lord! Cook dies in his own oven! But I've got other plans! ... All right, all right, all right. Okay, okay, okay. If this is a lesson about the drinking, let's just say I've learned. ... Take me back to the ghetto."

Finn

Staff member
Can't remember the exact verse, but I really like the bit where Lucifer slips a whoopee cushion onto St. Peter's chair...

Montana Smith

Finn said:
Can't remember the exact verse, but I really like the bit where Lucifer slips a whoopee cushion onto St. Peter's chair...

And the next verse when St. Peter fired a bunch of angels for laughing too loudly. "If thou maketh fun, thou shalt maketh it for Lucifer. For thou shalt not maketh me a laughing stock."

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
And the next verse when St. Peter fired a bunch of angels for laughing too loudly. "If thou maketh fun, thou shalt maketh it for Lucifer. For thou shalt not maketh me a laughing stock."

I wonder if the whole "fallen angel" bit had something to do with a banana peel. Paradise lost, indeed.