Unforgivable George Lucas Sin

HovitosKing

Read some interesting tidbits about the new Star Wars DVD box set releasing tomorrow. I WON'T BE BUYING IT because Lucas has absolutely crossed the line with his newest changes, detailed at the link below:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/20/star.changes/index.html

Here's the biggest reason why:

"But the most noticeable change -- and perhaps one some "Star Wars" diehards will have a tough time stomaching -- is Hayden Christensen (who plays young Anakin in the prequel trilogy) now appearing in the scene where the "force ghosts" of Anakin, Obi Wan, and Yoda smile at Luke."

Absolutely horrible. I won't buy it until it's corrected.

What!!?!
That's horrible. Why do they have to mess with perfection?
...and here I thought it was going to be the original trilogy on DVD...

Indydan13

George Lucas's changes is just like Indiana Jones...just when you thought is was bad, it just got a whole worse!

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Where does he get these ideas...?
He's probably doing that so that more people will buy the hypothetical 'untouched trilogy' DVDs. Money, money, money...

...or, he LIKES torturing the fans!

the hammer42

There is a good reason for this.
Skywalker died when he was young and became Darth Vader.
He was brought back to life.

The ghost image you see is Skywalker at the moment he died.
When he was still a good person.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
the hammer42 said:
There is a good reason for this.
Skywalker died when he was young and became Darth Vader.
He was brought back to life.

The ghost image you see is Skywalker at the moment he died.
When he was still a good person.

But remember, at the end of return of the Jedi, Luke brings him back. plus if you take the original trilogy alone, it makes no sens!

Indydan13

If Skywalker died young, then how was he able to decide to go back to good? If Anakin was dead, and it was just his body, then Vader would have been all bad and let luke die.

Besides, it may make sense, but why mess with perfection.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

HovitosKing

Lucas will continue screwing up his films to sell them 2 or 3 times until we, the fans, quit buying them. I'm saving my money on this one.

LASTCRUSADER

Personally I think it would have been nice to have the original films on DVD but I'm not really all that upset about any of the changes he made.

HovitosKing

I'm no die-hard fan, but George Lucas must be stopped. Editing older films to improve the visual or audio quality is one thing. Re-inserting scenes previously edited out for time constraints is still acceptable. But completely re-writing scenes or digitally inserting objects just because you can is a slap in the face to long-time fans.

George Lucas was brilliant when he was younger, fighting the moneymaking film industry machine and funding his endeavors out of his own pocket.

Now the moneymaking Hollywood machine that Lucas once fought is actually looking to him for lessons in robbing the audience, and he's more than willing to lead. Aggghhh... I wish he'd never discovered CGI!!

Last edited:

Indydan13

There oughta be a law against changing your movie...'97 was one thing, this is an evil in moviemaking unmatched.