2nd Trailer - initial impressions

Blue Jay

i have seen the unaltered version at the movie theatre here in germany :)

but i dont really care about that :) it is a shame though that the altered it.

Blue Jay said:
i have seen the unaltered version at the movie theatre here in germany :)

but i dont really care about that :) it is a shame though that the altered it.

I assume it won't be for the final movie...

*crosses fingers*

Michael24

I recall that it was done only for the trailer in the US because the MPAA wouldn't approve it as a Green Band trailer until the guns were altered so as not to be pointed at them. So the movie itself will likely be CGI-free in that respect. :)

Michael24 said:
I recall that it was done only for the trailer in the US because the MPAA wouldn't approve it as a Green Band trailer until the guns were altered so as not to be pointed at them. So the movie itself will likely be CGI-free in that respect. :)

Yeah, that's what I've heard too.

Mutt Williams

It's because the trailers are classified as "For All Audiences".

But the movie is PG-13, so the guns WILL be there in the movie.

Last edited:

Blue Jay

i still cannot understand what HF says at the beginning right before "...lost city in the amazon"

any ideas?

this trailer is really a beaut.

bring on indy 4 (y)

-Jones-

For all you guys:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5bvLbl-Ul0&hl=en&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5bvLbl-Ul0&hl=en&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

metalinvader

Blue Jay said:
i still cannot understand what HF says at the beginning right before "...lost city in the amazon"

any ideas?

this trailer is really a beaut.

bring on indy 4 (y)

I believe he says, "mythical''.

and yes,The trailer is goreous in HD...The opening shots,With the waterfalls,Is stunning.

Kingsley

metalinvader said:
The opening shots,With the waterfalls,Is stunning.
Come, visit Argentina!!
I have a couple of photos of me, 15 years ago, in those waterfalls. I cant find them right now... :mad:

Mutt Williams

metalinvader said:
I believe he says, "mythical''.

and yes,The trailer is goreous in HD...The opening shots,With the waterfalls,Is stunning.

Cinematography of that waterfall shot reminds me of "Temple of Doom".

Olliana

@Michael24:

Even in the videogames Infernal Machine and Emperors Tomb the speaker of HF, Wolfgang Pampel, was involved! A clear pro for Germans Indy-fans as you can imagine.

nitzsche

Now that it is in HD, a couple observations:

1. When you hear Spalko say "We will do this old-fashioned way", as she is behind the guards and you hear the clicking of guns being cocked, I notice that the guards seem to be having trouble with their weapons as if they are being pulled magnetically from their hands. When you view this part in slo-mo, you can see it better.

2. The Crystal Skull has a magnetic effect on Mutt's lantern.

So what does Spalko actually find at the warehouse?

The Man

nitzsche said:
Now that it is in HD, a couple observations:

1. When you hear Spalko say "We will do this old-fashioned way", as she is behind the guards and you hear the clicking of guns being cocked, I notice that the guards seem to be having trouble with their weapons as if they are being pulled magnetically from their hands. When you view this part in slo-mo, you can see it better.

2. The Crystal Skull has a magnetic effect on Mutt's lantern.

So what does Spalko actually find at the warehouse?

According to one of those toy manufacturers, whatever she finds Indy escapes with from Hangar 51.