Anyone here seen a ghost?

otto rahn

|ZiR| said:
My mom's seen a lot of ghosts. And my biological father has supposedly witnessed many UFOs. Of course, they're alone more often than not during said sightings, conveniently enough. :rolleyes:

She saw my great (step)grandfather sitting in a diner shortly after is death. It's the way he smiled at her, she says, that makes her certain it was really him and not just someone who simply resembled her grandfather. They didn't speak, and the 'ghost' left when she was distracted by the waitress.

I myself have never seen a ghost or UFO, nor do I believe I ever will. Regardless of whether or not they exist, I just seem to have plain bad luck on that front. Seriously, I could be in the most haunted house in the world and nothing would happen until AFTER I left the house. I'm always just missing this crap by a few minutes or so. Ghost must not like me. Well, screw 'em, I say. Lousy transparent SOBs. Too lazy to go into that bright light, the great beyond. Clearly they failed at life while they were alive. Why else would they cling so to this mortal realm?

Hey, does anyone remember that show Scariest Places on Earth? It was on Fox Family and hosted by Linda Blair. It was a reality show were they'd take a family, set them up with cameras, heat sensors; BS like that. And then they'd be separated, in the dark, in a haunted castle. Screaming ensued. That show ruled.
"Scariest Places On Earth"? I think I saw a few of those ones. Wasn;t there a similar show called "Most Haunted" or something (also on pay t v) ?

"Dont tell what I have and have not done."
Somebody needs to, cause obviously, you can't tell reality from delusion.

Instead of whining like a suck, if you're so positive, put up a SINGLE shred of evidence....

Ya... didn't think you'd be able to do that....

Much easier just to stamp your little foot and cry like a baby. To try to make this about how -I'M- the bad guy....

Gear

indyt said:
When one sees a "ghost", it is really a demon. QUOTE]

That is'nt true. A ghost is a soul that hasn't yet crossed over. A spirit is someone who has but comes over to visit. Yes, I believe in evil but please, a "demon" is a demon, not a ghost however there are unpleasant ghosts just like there are unpleasant people.

Clinton, perhaps you havent seen a ghost because you are so close minded and judging from my discussions with you in the past you are at least a bit guilty of that.

indyt

gear guardian said:
indyt said:
When one sees a "ghost", it is really a demon. QUOTE]

Clinton, perhaps you havent seen a ghost because you are so close minded and judging from my discussions with you in the past you are at least a bit guilty of that.

My sentiments exactly GG. Closed mindedness only scratches the surface for CH. And as far as "proof" CH, I saw the proof while I was in South America. No, I did not tape it, and even if I did you still would not believe it.

GG, I also agree with not arguing with CH. Nothing we say will penetrate that "colorful" mind he has. It would really be nice if the MODs would take a look at his past behavour on the boards. I think the atmosphere would be alot better on the boards without his attitude.

Finn

Staff member
ClintonHammond said:
Somebody needs to, cause obviously, you can't tell reality from delusion.
Just out of curiosity, Clinton... what qualifies you to the job?

"I'm not getting into an argument with you over this Clinton."
You're right you're not. There is no argument. There's no such thing as ghosts (Or demon possession) and that's all there is to it. There's no room for argument.

"I saw the proof while I was in South America"
No.. You didn't... You saw a dog-and-pony act...

"even if I did you still would not believe it"
Proof doesn't require belief. That's the difference. You can believe in your 'religion' all you want, but all the belief in the world won't make it fact.

Hawkeye

I totally agree, Clinton. You can believe in something all you want, but that doesn't make it a fact. I've lived in Gettysburg, supposedly one of the most haunted places in America, all my life, and I have yet to see a ghost. All those ghost tours are just there to make money because so many men died there. It's really sad that people think that just because they believe in something that makes it real. It's the same thing with Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster. Lots of people believe in them, but until they get definitive proof, it's nothing but a belief.

Niteshade007

Oh, even though I don't believe in ghosts at all, I do think it is fun to go on ghost tours. I don't believe any of the stories that they tell, but I think that ghost tours are a fun way for people to really learn the history of a place. I've been on several, and I have found all of them to be a really great time to spend with family and friends. As far as them being just scams, I'm not really sure. I have been on some where, yes, the tour guide really did believe in ghosts, and some of those have even claimed to see a ghost. On the flip side of that, I have been on some where you could tell that the guides really didn't believe in the ghost stories, they are just proud of their city and want to let others know about its interesting history.

"I do think it is fun to go on ghost tours"
No one is suggesting they can't be GREAT entertainment....

But let's not confuse fantasy with reality.

I've performed in a few "Ghost Walks" in my time... a great excuse to get dressed up in 'period' costumes and play at being someone from the past....

indyt

ClintonHammond said:
"I'm not getting into an argument with you over this Clinton."
You're right you're not. There is no argument. There's no such thing as ghosts (Or demon possession) and that's all there is to it. There's no room for argument.

"I saw the proof while I was in South America"
No.. You didn't... You saw a dog-and-pony act...

"even if I did you still would not believe it"
Proof doesn't require belief. That's the difference. You can believe in your 'religion' all you want, but all the belief in the world won't make it fact.

You are not worth it dude.

But -I'm- the one that's got a closed mind..... Ya... :rolleyes:

Thanks for showing the rest of the posters here that you have NOT a single leg to stand on, for showing The Raven just how worthless your 'beliefs' really are.

Fly back to your roost, little pigeon....

Gear

indyt said:
gear guardian said:
My sentiments exactly GG. Closed mindedness only scratches the surface for CH. And as far as "proof" CH, I saw the proof while I was in South America. No, I did not tape it, and even if I did you still would not believe it.

GG, I also agree with not arguing with CH. Nothing we say will penetrate that "colorful" mind he has. It would really be nice if the MODs would take a look at his past behavour on the boards. I think the atmosphere would be alot better on the boards without his attitude.

Yeah, I really dont think you can PROVE the existance of the paranormal but I have had my own experiences (many of them-and with OTHER witnesses too) and so I find it hard to believe that there is no energy that is the soul, but hey, everyone has the right to their own beliefs.

As for people who enter discussions with a closed, ingnorant mind, just dont argue with them, there's no point.

"As for people.... with a closed, ingnorant mind"

I openly invite those people to put up ANY sort of solid evidence for the things they claim. IF they provide ANY evidence I'm willing to examine it.

The problem is, they never HAVE any evidence... They have anecdote... They have eye-witness reports.... they have their 'beliefs'.

None of which are evidence.

I think people who have witnessed paranormal activity should stop trying to convince others of their encounters. They should be safe in the knowledge that they have been lucky? enough to have seen something that not everyone can comprehend. Be happy with your knowledge and leave those who disbelieve to be happy with theirs. (The unfortunate disbelievers).

"seen something that not everyone can comprehend"
Wow... that's pretty arrogant and insulting. So now, because you THINK you've seen something that science says there's no evidence for, it's a failing of science? That the people who don't share your blinkered 'beliefs' are less intelligent than you are?

"Faith is the surrender of the mind, the surrender of reason. It's the surrender of the only thing that makes us different from other mammals. Of all the supposed virtues, faith must be the most over-rated"
-Christopher Hitchens-

flying-pigeon.jpg

Thanks for the picture, Clinton! It reminds me of the old question - " Have you ever seen a baby pigeon?" I haven't but they DO exist.

Anyone can find evidence that baby pigeons exist...

There is ZERO evidence that ghosts exist.

Like you've provided ZERO evidence to any of the challenges presented to you, to any of the invitations to support your so-called 'beliefs'.

Guess they must not mean very much to you. So I guess they mean even less to me than they did before.

You're right. Anyone can find a baby pigeon. They are part of life on planet Earth. Ghosts are not... And, finding a ghost is probably impossible. You have to be in the right place at the right time. If you wont be convinced on ghosts, how do you stand on Sasquatch? Bet you've never seen a baby Sasquatch.