Aztec Pyramid in Universal Studios

fixer79

joelwatts said:
This looks almost too permanently constructed to be a set.
Exactly. And what's the deal with them barriers?
Looks like the new Universal Studios attraction to me.
Maybe it'll be a dark ride. The theme park world needs more dark rides...

Niteshade007

I don't think it's an attraction. Unless it's a walkthrough attraction or a playset type of thing. But most likely if it were to become a new ride, it would have a giant show-room behind it, a place for the actual ride to take place, and the pyramid itself would be just a frontspiece.

joelwatts

It just doesn't look like set construction. It's too complete- compare it to the earlier NT2 set pics where you see that the set is built on a kind of saffolding.

IndyFan89

fixer79 said:
Exactly. And what's the deal with them barriers?
Looks like the new Universal Studios attraction to me.
Maybe it'll be a dark ride. The theme park world needs more dark rides...

I was there in person. It's not in the park! It's hidden behind the paid parking entrance. It's DEFINITELY not a attraction! It's for a movie. And it's not for NT2 since they're done filming. The new Mummy movie is Asian themed so it's not that. It's most likley Indy 4. Read the Story

IndyFan89

It could be for a new TV series. who know's. If anybody get's some new news on this post it here i would like to kill this rumor to ease my nerve's.

Indy2007

i thought it was confirmed a long time ago those sets at universal were for another movie/tv show and not for indy 4??????

seasider

That was for The National Treasure sequel which has supposedly wrapped filming. This is a whole different set we're talking about.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Take a look at harrisonfordweb.com !

Somehow...these images cause a sudden and probably short outburst of euphoria. They activated certain chemicals in my body to go crazy, infiltrate cells and electrify my synapses so they will almost implode while transmitting the information to open my mouth in order to let out a high pitched scream of enthusiasm and joy.
Carramba, if the film will suck, will I at least get a whole featurette on set security? "Day 36: When we were hiring a linguist to translate the whole script and everything that had to be printed for the shoot into an obscure language and made up secret code names for every crew member."

San Holo

What's up with the sightings of men in WW2 Nazi unis coming in and out of the shoot?:confused: Will Indy be fighting South American remnants of the German army?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I can't see the pix yet on that clunky site, but... isn't Universal's Mummy 3 set around 1940? Which would accommodate Nazis.

Kingsley

Well, the pyramid looks too american to be for a mummy film...

And the mexican streets... I could see Ford walking there, better than Brendan Fraser.

Nazis? I think 1957 is too far away for those people walking in uniform...

(mmm, I can see the photos, but I cant link them here, they stay a few seconds and then they're gone)

Last edited:

Dr.Sartorius

OK, here's some of the pics:

pyramid_set_Aug22_big.jpg

church_after_big.jpg

facing_church_after_big.jpg