Aztec Pyramid in Universal Studios

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I toured Universal last week. They still can't tell us what filmed on the mexican street, just that it's currently featured in 'Heartbreak Kid.' They must have planted tall permanent foliage between public parking and the temple of Akator set. Whether or not it still stands, I couldn't see a darned thing. Nobody said it was right next to a constantly manned access gate!

paul mclaughlin

Shooting in Universal Studios last Aug; and the premiere.

When my daughter and I did the VIP tour last Aug 13 we saw some streets being used for IJ4 scenes. Without wishing to pre-empt any secrecy etc can anyone yet tell us whether those scenes are in the movie?

Over here in Europe we're looking forward to the premiere. Alas it's been moved from London to Cannes, France

Now, mere true fans like us don't stand a snowball in hell's chance of premiere tickets for London, alas. Can't even find anybody (including corporates) who have any.

More interestingly it's not even being promoted hard yet! Many films due for summer release have trailers, posters, comps etc but as of today we've only seen 1 poster in a cineworld - none in the Odeon.

So we're watching the triology again - they've also been on TV this week in the UK and just hope we can see this special premiere in a special way.

Thank you all for reading.

Paul

lynchpin

Backlot

paul mclaughlin said:
When my daughter and I did the VIP tour last Aug 13 we saw some streets being used for IJ4 scenes. Without wishing to pre-empt any secrecy etc can anyone yet tell us whether those scenes are in the movie?

Paul, do you recall which part of the back lot you saw these scenes being filmed or set up for?

Some of the promotional stills from the Mexico portion look to me like they may have been filmed on the Western/Mexico set that sits between the "New York" and "Europe" sets.

KL

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the Raven, Paul! I've merged your post into an existing thread. I'm guessing you saw the Mexican Street, which you'll most likely see on the big screen.
l_148ace661ed8143061da066f806ecc75.jpg

l_37695d4e3b4ff78be2ebdcbd2f2ccc39.jpg

paul mclaughlin

Universal studios

Well, yes, I think you're right. We went past the bit where les 3 amigos was filmed. And yes, we didn't expect the water rush!

They were also filming in what looked like a town - I remember it was the the next block down from the Lyric movie theatre. And by JBW's Food and Board. There's also a 2 storey wood building with blue window frames - looks like a sheriffs office or similar.

So my daughter is eagerly awaiting May 22. Or 19 if there's any chance of a London premiere!

Thanks

Paul