Aztec Pyramid in Universal Studios

sarah navarro

Wow!these look really cool ,they kinda look like the Disneyland ride.Maybe the temple is part of the Hawaii shoot.:whip: where the possibly might find some crystal skulls???

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, I see where it is on the map, on Hank Williams Drive. Just a minute's stroll from CityWalk parking! These won't be the last of the leaked photos. They're gonna need guys in Nazi uniforms to keep lookie-loos away. (Though I suspect the uniforms were meant to be Russian.)

I see another jungle native... and what's that statue on top?

sarah navarro

Moedred said:
Ah, I see where it is on the map, on Hank Williams Drive. Just a minute's stroll from CityWalk parking! These won't be the last of the leaked photos. They're gonna need guys in Nazi uniforms to keep lookie-loos away. (Though I suspect the uniforms were meant to be Russian.)

I see another jungle native... and what's that statue on top?
Looks to me like its possibly a person or monkey statue?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Monkey statue? Monkey King maybe? *snigger* I hope no crystal skulls. I'll be pretty annoyed if it is. It's just too unoriginal. "The Phantom" and the fact there already is a "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull" ride just makes me think that the Skulls can't be it. Golden Idol status, maybe but not Grail or Ark or even Sankara Stones status. It's just not that amazing and overwhelming.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if Indy will climb down inside the ziggurat, and find a statue similar to the one on top, as seen in this alleged concept art from 5 years ago. (Who are the people watching him descend?)

Here's another ziggurat Ford's been to. :)

Last edited:

No Ticket

They look cool, but those fuzzy cell phone camera quality pics definitely don't allow me to really tell much from them. I would assume it is probably Indy IV related, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't either.

... as far as the story being about Crystal Skulls ...

I didn't know there was an Indiana Jones ride about crystal skulls. I thought the only one was called "Temple of the Forbidden Eye." Well I know there is just an Indy coaster or something in Disney France or Japan or someplace. I've ridden neither and the only thing I've seen is the stunt show at MGM... *ahem* ... Hollywood Studios at Disney World in Florida.

No Ticket

IndyFan89 said:
The Indy ride in DisneySea is based on Crystal Skulls.

What is Disney Sea? Yes, I know everyone will tell me to Google it or Wikipedia it (You know we have a wiki right?) ... so I already did that. It's in Tokyo. Cool.

Anybody have any pics of the ride? Is it different than the other ones?

No Ticket

Nevermind. I found out the pics are on TheRaider.net in the Research section. Ride looks pretty cool though!

spiralout

Moedred said:
Aztec Pyramid in Universal Studios

No, that's supposed to be some strange representation of the Well of Souls.

Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb ($19.99 USD) recreates the eye-popping suspense of Indy rescuing Marion from slithering snakes in an Egyptian tomb.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, you're right. I shouldn't have expected the toys to reveal much of the plot... yet.

Professor Jones

Violet Indy said:
Monkey statue? Monkey King maybe? *snigger* I hope no crystal skulls. I'll be pretty annoyed if it is. It's just too unoriginal. "The Phantom" and the fact there already is a "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull" ride just makes me think that the Skulls can't be it. Golden Idol status, maybe but not Grail or Ark or even Sankara Stones status. It's just not that amazing and overwhelming.

What do you think now that the official title has been announced? I'm not convinced about the crystal skulls mcguffin, but I must confess that a lot of rumors and elements we've collected in these months seem to confirm that. I must say, anyway, that some part of the crystal skulls legend has its point of interest, especially the Atlantis connection.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Professor Jones said:
What do you think now that the official title has been announced? I'm not convinced about the crystal skulls mcguffin, but I must confess that a lot of rumors and elements we've collected in these months seem to confirm that. I must say, anyway, that some part of the crystal skulls legend has its point of interest, especially the Atlantis connection.

How about I realise how little I really know about the minds of Lucas and Spielberg? That's my first answer. Now seeing people's research on the skulls from all around the net and going back to the Empire interviews with the knowledge we have, I'm a little more convinced than I was at first.

The title did disappoint me for a bit, I thought it could have been better, "City of the Gods" seemed better as a title but that's just a personal thing. Skulls ain't really that bad, I mean "Phantom" was a great movie and that had three of them, so what am I complaining about? I guess my main concern per say was the idea of the skulls being related back to alien origin and that just made me think, "Saucermen from Mars" re-hash :eek: .

But then I think back to the scripts that never were. Monkey King was a terrible script too and we ended up with Last Crusade (in my eyes anyway) a great movie. So I'm hoping and thinking (hoping I'm not wrong this time) that we might be getting something worth seeing after all. I can't work out how good without seeing it though.

And as for aliens, if they will be represented as I have said in other threads, AS human beings type without getting too sci-fi and is in the vein of the Grail Knight of LC, then there is no problem in it for me. Or if they're just alluded to, just as well, perhaps better as the other films were controlled by mysterious forces which are never entirely known about and fully explained. It just happens, that's all. But, if Indy met Atlanteans who are alluded to as descendants of people from the Heavens, then I could live with that too. In fact, I think that would work very well. The Atlantis connection is to me, the most interesting facet.