General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

The Drifter

Indy's brother said:
Flat out brawling would be a misstep, but there's plenty he could do otherwise. I mean, think of the three trials, or the map room scene, or the club Obi Wan sequence. All awesome fun, and he is physically believable enough to do these sorts of things. People think that his age is more of a big deal than it really is. He was never Jet Li. Just a guy who gets himself in over his head and has to find a way to get out of trouble. Hell, maybe he could shoot somebody again. I bet that would be believable, right?

Plus, he always got his ass kicked anyhow but, escaped by sheer luck. That could still work with an older Indy.

HenryJunior

I want Indy 5, and I'm pretty sure Harrison does too. I don't care if that makes me sound crazy. Do I think it's gonna happen? If they do it's gotta be soon. Imagine, a new Star Wars movie and Indy at the same time!

Will it happen? Who knows, probably not, but I still want it!

Pale Horse

Staff member
Posting opinion in this thread at this point is akin to posting soley for avatar upgrades. That's a no no you know.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
IndyForever said:
Harrison just joined The Expendables 3..........he will do this pulp action but on Indy 5 he wants story approval :confused:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63589

I think The Expendables is likely just a paycheck and a chance to hang out with a bunch of other actors. He's more invested in Indiana Jones.

I agree with Indy's brother that Ford is displaying a level of specificity unusual to his pronouncements on hypothetical future Indy films. Wonder if he was driving at anything in particular - making an argument about how he's not too old, for example - or if they just caught him on an unusually loquacious day.

IndyForever

Attila the Professor said:
I think The Expendables is likely just a paycheck and a chance to hang out with a bunch of other actors. He's more invested in Indiana Jones.

I agree with Indy's brother that Ford is displaying a level of specificity unusual to his pronouncements on hypothetical future Indy films. Wonder if he was driving at anything in particular - making an argument about how he's not too old, for example - or if they just caught him on an unusually loquacious day.
Doubt its a paycheck Harrison's net worth is $200m+ according to Forbes. Fortune & Glory indeed :hat: (most down to Lucasfilm as well for SW & Indy profit shares).

Indy's brother

Great use of the word "loquacious". Which, by the way, is also a perfectly reasonable explanation of his most recent quips on the subject of Indy 5. I must point out, however that the ever-popular internet hatred of KOTCS seems to have done little to stem the tide of interest in another film. It's currently tracking at 82-ish% approval at that link I posted:

ScreenShot2013-08-07at25051PM_zpsc54e37c6.png

....and let's keep in mind that this isn't necessarily all fanboys voting, this is a general movie/news site, not an Indyfan newsletter.

Montana Smith

Or a bunch of old guys getting together to relive their younger days by pretending it's the 1980s again. :p

Indy's brother said:
Great use of the word "loquacious".

Inspired!

Should Harrison Ford bring back Indiana Jones?

Yes, he will still be great

No, they are classic films as they are

The question and possible answers are non sequitur.

a) Harrison Ford probably will be great, as he was in KOTCS.

b) The films of the 1980s are classic.

c) Harrison Ford was nevertheless great in a less than classic 2008 film.

Ergo, if #5 is more mediocre than #4 Harrison Ford will be even greater in it.

Ergo number 2: Harrison can't lose! :D

Pale Horse

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Or a bunch of old guys getting together to relive their younger days by pretending it's the 1980s again. :p

Rumble thy bellyful! Spit, fire! spout, rain!
Nor rain, wind, thunder, fire, are my daughters:
I tax not you, you elements, with unkindness;
I never gave you kingdom, call'd you children,
You owe me no subscription: then let fall
Your horrible pleasure: here I stand, your slave,
A poor, infirm, weak, and despised old man:
But yet I call you servile ministers,
That have with two pernicious daughters join'd
Your high engender'd battles 'gainst a head
So old and white as this. O! O! 'tis foul!

Tis almost a shame I had to break out King Lear...but you old guys will understand.

Indy's brother

Montana Smith said:
Should Harrison Ford bring back Indiana Jones?

Yes, he will still be great

No, they are classic films as they are

The question and possible answers are non sequitur.

a) Harrison Ford probably will be great, as he was in KOTCS.

b) The films of the 1980s are classic.

c) Harrison Ford was nevertheless great in a less than classic 2008 film.

Ergo, if #5 is more mediocre than #4 Harrison Ford will be even greater in it.

Ergo number 2: Harrison can't lose! :D

Agreed, but hey, it's the internet. What did you expect, people to be more intelligent online than they are in real life? I mean, with the exception of myself, of course.

Which ain't really saying much.

All I know is that I appreciate Indy-love from the general public outside of our loosely/tightly-knit little enclave of hapless obsessed nerds. If the writer of this piece can't put together a decent set of words, but he's talkin' Indy, I'm there. If his poorly chosen verbage can make public the, um public approval of another film for us, so be it.

Out of this recent bit, it's the Yay vs. Nay vote at this site that really got my attention. I mean hell, this isn't a torn opinion, it's a flippin' landslide. The people want Indy 5. Not just people here. Regular people.

Saner people.

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Tis almost a shame I had to break out King Lear...but you old guys will understand.

I suspect there will be no more Harrison Ford Indiana Jones...

The weight of this sad time we must obey;
Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say.
The oldest hath borne most: we that are young
Shall never see so much, nor live so long.

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
Agreed, but hey, it's the internet. What did you expect, people to be more intelligent online than they are in real life? I mean, with the exception of myself, of course.

Which ain't really saying much.

All I know is that I appreciate Indy-love from the general public outside of our loosely/tightly-knit little enclave of hapless obsessed nerds. If the writer of this piece can't put together a decent set of words, but he's talkin' Indy, I'm there. If his poorly chosen verbage can make public the, um public approval of another film for us, so be it.

Out of this recent bit, it's the Yay vs. Nay vote at this site that really got my attention. I mean hell, this isn't a torn opinion, it's a flippin' landslide. The people want Indy 5. Not just people here. Regular people.

Saner people.

I missed your post, 'bro.

I think some men just want to watch the world burn.

IrinasFakedDeath.jpg

Nevertheless, as Indy looks on with one eye smouldering at his world crashing down in burning debris, Harrison will be there doing a great job!

Indy's brother

All smarmy comments aside, Ford's age aside, our dubious belief in Spielberg's ability to do this kind of movie aside, Lucas' tinkering aside, there is one thing that I still have faith in. Ford can pull it off. He is Indy. He has expanded his acting chops more than ever before with KOTCS and everything he's done since. He has another Indy flick left in him, of that I have no doubt.

My doubt is that it will happen.