General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
All smarmy comments aside, Ford's age aside, our dubious belief in Spielberg's ability to do this kind of movie aside, Lucas' tinkering aside, there is one thing that I still have faith in. Ford can pull it off. He is Indy.

Definitely.

He was by far the best thing in KOTCS.

What he needs is for everyone around him to deliver the same belief, and that goes for writers and actors alike.

I can't help thinking that while Harrison was delivering the Indy of old, everyone else was working on a different agenda.

Indy's brother said:
He has another Indy flick left in him, of that I have no doubt.

My doubt is that it will happen.

I don't think the film he needs is the film the powers that be will want to make. They'll make him suffer like Bruce in AGDTDH. They'll skip the shark and make him jump a helicopter!

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:

Harrison Ford is dead.

“Harrison Ford dead 2013” : Actor killed by internet death hoax

By Jessica SimpsonWashingtonLast updated on August 8, 2013

News of actor Harrison Ford’s death spread quickly earlier this week causing concern among fans across the world. However the August 2013 report has now been confirmed as a complete hoax and just the latest in a string of fake celebrity death reports. Thankfully, the actor best known for his roles in Indiana Jones or Star Wars is alive and well.

Harrison Ford death hoax spreads on Facebook

Rumors of the actor’s alleged demise gained traction on Tuesday after a ‘R.I.P. Harrison Ford’ Facebook page attracted nearly one million of ‘likes’. Those who read the ‘About’ page were given a believable account of the American actor’s passing:

“At about 11 a.m. ET on Tuesday (August 06, 2013), our beloved actor Harrison Ford passed away. Harrison Ford was born on July 13, 1942 in Chicago. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page.”

Hundreds of fans immediately started writing their messages of condolence on the Facebook page, expressing their sadness that the talented 71-year-old actor was dead. And as usual, Twittersphere was frenzied over the death hoax.

Where as some trusting fans believed the post, others were immediately skeptical of the report, perhaps learning their lesson from the huge amount of fake death reports emerging about celebrities over recent months. Some pointed out that the news had not been carried on any major American network, indicating that it was a fake report, as the death of an actor of Harrison Ford's stature would be major news across networks.

Harrison Ford Death Hoax Dismissed Since Actor Is ‘Alive And Well’

On Wednesday (August 07) the actor's reps officially confirmed that Harrison Ford is not dead. “He joins the long list of celebrities who have been victimized by this hoax. He's still alive and well, stop believing what you see on the Internet,” they said.

Some fans have expressed anger at the fake report saying it was reckless, distressing and hurtful to fans of the much loved actor. Others say this shows his extreme popularity across the globe.

AndyLGR

****in hell Montana the first thing I saw was the link about Harrison being dead and my stomach dropped.

Finn

Staff member
You know, it would have been yet another grand achievement for TheRaider.Net for outliving the man.

Stoo

DOOMSTOWNFRIDGE said:
What was he in Peru for?? scouting locations?
Actors don't normally scout locations. That is a job for other people. Even so, do you really think that part of Indy 5 would take place in Peru AGAIN for a 3rd time?:confused:
Montana Smiff said:
(Though Hawaii passed for Peru last time!)
What do you mean "last time"? Hawaii doubled for Peru in "Raiders", as well.:gun:
TurinTurumbanabar said:
was really worried then felt sick.
r u 4 real?:confused:
Indy's brother said:
To irritate you.
Sure, dude.:rolleyes:...Besides yourself, who is supposed to believe your cheap explanation?

IanMalcolm_Censored_zpsdc264c4e.jpg

Indy's brother, your misfire isn't irritating at all...it is ridiculously funny!:D
Too bad that you don't have the cojones to admit your fault.:(

Standard rule of thumb:
Speak with authority about what you know, Indy's bro' (in your case, Indy 5 news & rumours)...
...Not about what you don't know (in your case, cliffhanger serials).:p
Indy's brother said:
He has expanded his acting chops more than ever before with KOTCS and everything he's done since.
You are delusional.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
What do you mean "last time"? Hawaii doubled for Peru in "Raiders", as well.:gun:

Which doesn't discount that a pattern of behaviour was followed most recently in 2008, so not only was he not returning to the scene of a crime, Harrison was also most unlikely to be scouting Peru as a possible replacement for Hawaii. :p

As with Necropedia, it appears someone's already written a review for Indy 5, Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Hunters:

IanMalcolm_Censored_zpsdc264c4e.jpg

I just hope there's less dino-sex this time round.

Valley-of-Gwangi-stop-motion-animation-1015703_400_299.jpg

Indy's brother

Stoo said:
Indy's brother, your misfire isn't irritating at all...it is ridiculously funny!:D
Too bad that you don't have the cojones to admit your fault.:(
Well that's a big relief. Too bad it doesn't explain your overdone response. Speaking of cajones, your post count doesn't make your opinions, smarmery, or balls any bigger or more valid than mine. Simmer down.

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
...balls any bigger or more valid than mine.

Maybe you missed the memo, but I believe your balls did pass inspection and are valid to remain within this establishment.

I can't read the signature on the form, though.

On that note, if this scene had occurred a year later I have no doubt that Indy would be whistling the Colonel Bogey March in his head:

hitler_indiana_jones.jpg

Which leads me to Indy 5 possibility #5,934:

tumblr_l3hv1s23871qc9pwoo1_500.jpg

Stoo

Indy's brother said:
Well that's a big relief. Too bad it doesn't explain your overdone response.
Since you are puzzled, here's the explanation: Your other replies completely avoided discussing the subjects at hand (that's the "ridiculously funny" part) and consisted solely of spiteful quips. If that's the way you choose to engage in conversation, then an unfriendly response shouldn't come as any surprise.
Indy's brother said:
Speaking of cajones, your post count doesn't make your opinions, smarmery, or balls any bigger or more valid than mine.
My post count is irrelevant so there is zero reason to mention it. As far as 'validity' is concerned, you compared an Indy movie to the old cliffhangers but you don't watch them and have admitted to no interest in doing so. However, I've been watching cliffhanger serials for a long time so my FACTUAL remarks about them are, indeed, much more valid than yours.;)
Indy's brother said:
Simmer down.
Wisen up.

---
Getting back to Indy 5: Your Facebook page, "1,000,000 strong for a 5th Indiana Jones Movie! (Can we get over 1 Million fans? You bet we can!!!)" has been on-line for over 3 years now with only 1,741 likes. At this current rate, your goal of 1,000,000 fans should be reached by about the year, 3736.:eek:

Harrison Ford will surely be dead by then.:dead:

Indy's brother

Stoo said:
Since you are puzzled, here's the explanation: Your other replies completely avoided discussing the subjects at hand (that's the "ridiculously funny" part) and consisted solely of spiteful quips. If that's the way you choose to engage in conversation, then an unfriendly response shouldn't come as any surprise.
My post count is irrelevant so there is zero reason to mention it. As far as 'validity' is concerned, you compared an Indy movie to the old cliffhangers but you don't watch them and have admitted to no interest in doing so. However, I've been watching cliffhanger serials for a long time so my FACTUAL remarks about them are, indeed, much more valid than yours.;)

Wisen up.

---
Getting back to Indy 5: Your Facebook page, "1,000,000 strong for a 5th Indiana Jones Movie! (Can we get over 1 Million fans? You bet we can!!!)" has been on-line for over 3 years now with only 1,741 likes. At this current rate, your goal of 1,000,000 fans should be reached by about the year, 3736.:eek:

Harrison Ford will surely be dead by then.:dead:

I'm not puzzled or surprised by your response. It's exactly as I imagined it would be. Your post count was a rather direct observation of your perceived self-worth here and you find it puzzling that I would question your almighty opinions on things because of it. Or you are being coy just to draw me out. I'm thinking both. Yes. It's true. I do not worship the almighty Stool. I don't come here to read your posts. Incredible, I know. But you want to keep going with this farcical line of chatter, ok. We'll both pretend that you really can't understand, and don't like to nitpick and argue to make yourself feel smart(er).

If you recall, your initial problem with me was that I said:

The major problem with KOTCS is that for a franchise that is based on cliffhangers, the movie presents an Indy that is impervious to damage.

To which you responded with:

Indy's brother, in the cliffhangers the main heroes don't get hurt. They walk away from all kinds of things without any injury at all!

Completely missing my point because the second I mentioned the word "cliffhanger" you have to jump in as the self-appointed expert on the subject. Well. Here is the definition of the word:

cliff·hang·er
/ˈklifˌhaNGər/
Noun
1. An ending to an episode of a serial drama that leaves the audience in suspense.
2. A story or event with a strong element of suspense.

Now that we have that out of the way, you should be able to see that the point I was making was about the term cliffhanger, not the genre "cliffhanger serials", which I never said. If Indy is impervious to damage, there is no suspense. If you are done acting thick for the sake of argument, or whatever else you get out of posting here, surely you can admit that my point was clear enough to begin with.

Now. On to your hypocritical response about dragging up things that are irrelevant. Yes, you brought up my Indy 5 page. Later in the same post. Really. In what I can only guess is to attempted assertion that the low number of people that follow a page that I rarely even post on anymore is some thinly veiled attempt to insult me or call me a failure. Like I care at all. This online stuff really seems that important to you. You are a child.

Last edited:

Stoo

Indy's brother said:
Your post count was a rather direct observation of your perceived self-worth here and you find it puzzling that I would question your almighty opinions on things because of it.
Be real.:rolleyes: You didn't question anything that I wrote. All you did was reply with scornful remarks. Whereas I was interested in discussing Indiana Jones, you are more interested in talking about me. I have never bragged about my post count so using it to attack my "perceived self-worth" was a poor approach and completely irrelevant.
Indy's brother said:
Yes. It's true. I do not worship the almighty Stool. I don't come here to read your posts. Incredible, I know.
Your presumptuous personality assessments are way off target and your other remarks, like the quote above, are bizarre considering the large number of glowing compliments you've given me before. A long list of your glowing praise can be provided upon request.;) (You even put an image that I made on your Indy 5 Facebook page.)
Indy's brother said:
If you recall, your initial problem with me was that I said:
If you recall, the cliffhanger bit was only one part of my initial posts. Illustrating the equal level of Indy's bodily injuries in the 3rd & 4th films was another. Rather than discuss either topic, you chose to compare me with your wife.
Indy's brother said:
Completely missing my point because the second I mentioned the word "cliffhanger" you have to jump in as the self-appointed expert on the subject. Well. Here is the definition of the word:

cliff·hang·er
/ˈklifˌhaNGər/
Noun
1. An ending to an episode of a serial drama that leaves the audience in suspense.
2. A story or event with a strong element of suspense.

Now that we have that out of the way, you should be able to see that the point I was making was about the term cliffhanger, not the genre "cliffhanger serials", which I never said. If Indy is impervious to damage, there is no suspense. If you are done acting thick for the sake of argument, or whatever else you get out of posting here, surely you can admit that my point was clear enough to begin with.
Jesus Christ. Why didn't you say this earlier?:confused: If that point is indeed what you meant then you should've clarified it straight away instead of dodging the issue *3* times. Heck, I even asked you "with all due respect" for an explanation but, for some reason, you completely avoided doing so...until now. Your statement wasn't as obvious as you like to believe. Had your cliffhanger definition been clear to begin with, I wouldn't have bothered addressing it.
Indy's brother said:
Now. On to your hypocritical response about dragging up things that are irrelevant. Yes, you brought up my Indy 5 page. Later in the same post. Really. In what I can only guess is to attempted assertion that the low number of people that follow a page that I rarely even post on anymore is some thinly veiled attempt to insult me or call me a failure. Like I care at all. This online stuff really seems that important to you. You are a child.
Please notice how I segued into your Indy 5 Facebook page by writing, "Getting back to Indy 5:". It IS relevant to this thread and recent conversation about the Daily Telegraph poll results that you are so pleased about, therefore, not hypocritical.

You lost today, brother, and you'll have to like it.:)

P.S. Tomorrow I'm off to south Italy for awhile so keep dreaming your dreamy dreams for Indy 5. Arrivederci, dude!:D

Indy's brother

What a tangled web you weave. Then expect me to give up so you can call me a coward for running away, or make me continue to dance with you so that you can bring me down to your level.
Stoo said:
Be real.:rolleyes: You didn't question anything that I wrote.

You mean, you didn't see that post where I said you had a knack for splitting hairs? Sure you did. That's the one where I compared you to a bickersome ball and chain. You just mentioned it in your last post. And you call me delusional.

Stoo said:
All you did was reply with scornful remarks. Whereas I was interested in discussing Indiana Jones, you are more interested in talking about me.

Says the guy who has never been scornful, or personal, or disrespectful to any members here, who wanted to talk about Indiana Jones. Ever. I think I mentioned the word hypocrite in my last post. You can scroll to find it.

Stoo said:
I have never bragged about my post count so using it to attack my "perceived self-worth" was a poor approach and completely irrelevant.

I never said you bragged about your post count. I believe I used the word "perceived" in my last post, you can scroll. Oh wait, you used it to, never mind, it's right here, as I itemize the defense you demand out of your sheer lack of humility.

Stoo said:
Your presumptuous personality assessments are way off target and your other remarks, like the quote above, are bizarre considering the large number of glowing compliments you've given me before. A long list of your glowing praise can be provided upon request.;) (You even put an image that I made on your Indy 5 Facebook page.)

YES! I have! Which is evidence of nothing other than I have simply grown to dislike you. And if the world makes more sense to you by me doing it, I'll apologize if you like for anything nice I have ever said to you. Awesome that you brought up that pic on FB, because if I recall, you demanded that I give you credit for it.

Aerosled Mock-Up Image
Hi, Eric. Could you please add a credit to my aerosled image on your Indy 5 Facebook page? Months ago, I saw that you uploaded it and never bothered to say anything but I'd like people to know who put it together.

Not that I would lie about something like this, but since you seem completely unaware of your ego problem:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd82/sheagren/ScreenShot2013-08-14at81233PM_zps1acc5e6c.png

Hey, you brought it up, and are trying to use your own actions against me.

Stoo said:
If you recall, the cliffhanger bit was only one part of my initial posts. Illustrating the equal level of Indy's bodily injuries in the 3rd & 4th films was another. Rather than discuss either topic, you chose to compare me with your wife.
Jesus Christ. Why didn't you say this earlier?:confused: If that point is indeed what you meant then you should've clarified it straight away instead of dodging the issue *3* times. Heck, I even asked you "with all due respect" for an explanation but, for some reason, you completely avoided doing so...until now. Your statement wasn't as obvious as you like to believe. Had your cliffhanger definition been clear to begin with, I wouldn't have bothered addressing it.

Why do I have to explain the definition of the word cliffhanger to, of all people, you. When the context was right there in my original post. Why do I have to explain a what I mean by you splitting hairs over the usage of that word. Because you need it, apparently.

Stoo said:
Please notice how I segued into your Indy 5 Facebook page by writing, "Getting back to Indy 5:". It IS relevant to this thread and recent conversation about the Daily Telegraph poll results that you are so pleased about, therefore, not hypocritical.

It's a cheap cop out to say. You found a way to mention Indy 5 page that no one was talking about, (as if it's the only one out there) and tried to connect it to your reply to try and close your response with a personal dig. Why mine? Did it bring anything into the discussion? Not a thing. Watching you try to weasel your way out of that one is pretty lame. Even for you.

Stoo said:
You lost today, brother, and you'll have to like it.:)

So, this is over then? Awesome.

Stoo said:
P.S. Tomorrow I'm off to south Italy for awhile so keep dreaming your dreamy dreams for Indy 5. Arrivederci, dude!:D

That. That's just weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

digitalfreaknyc

Harrison was interviewed on GMA this morning. He said that GL is working on "one or two different ideas" at this point and he'd love to do it again.