How Many Times, IJ4?

Crack that whip

Crack that whip said:
I've seen it once at the midnight showing. I'm now about to leave Tallahassee to visit friends and family out of town from now until Sunday, and over the course of the trip will definitely see it at least once more tonight with some of my friends; I may have one or two more additional viewings with friends / parents during the visit, but don't yet know. I do plan to see it several more times eventually.

Ctw Update, since I know you were all waiting with bated breath to see what I'd do :p ;) : I did see it again with friends last night, and they enjoyed it (y) (despite the really lame sound in the theater :mad: ), and I'm going to see it again tonight with my parents (we already have our tickets), so I'll have seen it at least three times in the first couple days of release. It's actually pretty unusual for me to not just hang out at a theater and see it three or four times back-to-back on opening day, but the visit makes that unfeasible, alas. Spending quality time with friends and family is important too, though, so no regrets. :)

tnswman

Vance said:
Dude, you seriously don't understand. It's nothing to do with testosterone, it's to do with intense agitation. It would be an extremely unpleasant experience for me without my family there to fix attention on.

Challenge yourself....Rise above the people and do it for Indy.

When the day comes that you are all alone, you don't want to be trapped in your interior world.

Spread out and let Indy help you beat the demons

cinebird

AntiJones said:
How Many Times would you watch IJ4 while it is showing?

How many times have you seen it so far?

Let's see who hold the record for watching IJ4 most number of times.

Seven times now, but then I am the projectionist! It gets better with every viewing, make sure you see it at least twice in the cinema because it won't look this good on DVD, beautiful print quality, superb production values. I hated the climax first time but now think it is pretty good.

Blue_Scholar

first time - 22nd 1:55pm

second time - 22nd 7:30pm

And I come home, flip on the tube and lo and behold Close Encounters begins, and I mean as I turn it on there it was,on TCM right at the beginning, just starting.
They're watching me, I swear.

Might see it again tomorrow, the crystal skull that is.

good times.

metalinvader

Vance said:
I have a phobia of crowds, honestly. I can't focus on anything since I hear every whisper, every shuffle, etc.. sometimes It's like I can hear every single thought everyone around me has. I just can't tune that many people out. I find that having my wife or kids around relaxes me a little bit enough to function in such an environment.

If it means that I have to wait.. four, I think, months for the DVD/BR release to see on my widescreen and all, then I can deal with it. :)

Your best bet would be to go to an EARLY showing.They are not as crowded and you'll be in the theater with at most 10-15 people.I prefer it that way myself.It'll be worth it,Trust me.It's Indy after all!!!

Anyways,I just got back from my third showing.God,I love this movie.I'll be seeing it again on Tuesday.

Kernunnos

I've just watched it for the fourth time with my girlfriend, and I personally now think it's firmly ahead of LC and TOD in second place amongst the Indy movies.

My girlfriend, however, is absolutely adamant that it's better than Raiders! It's number # 1 for her!!

PS. She says all the people on here ripping KOTCS should get a life!

G-Man

Seen it twice, second time was a charm, thank god. ;)

I'll probably go a third time, but that'll probably be it...

Rhys135

Saw the first local showing at 10:30a.m, and was also sold the first ticket. Woo!

Will go see it again on Tuesday (bargain day!)on a deluxe screen, and then I'll see if it deserves a third cinema outing.

Michael24

metalinvader said:
Your best bet would be to go to an EARLY showing.They are not as crowded and you'll be in the theater with at most 10-15 people.I prefer it that way myself.It'll be worth it,Trust me.It's Indy after all!!!

My parents and I went to the first showing this morning at 9:30, and altogether there were probably close to 20-30. Normally I like little to no crowds, but some movies are actually more fun to see (for me, at least) when the place is packed to the walls; that communal experience or something.

I'll hopefully be seeing it a few more times, and I'd love to catch one during a Friday or Saturday evening when the place is packed. :)

Killah|Bee

uhmmm...ñ.-,.-.

you right thats so personal....im just wake up today kinda **** off thinking the big opportunity they loose to make a great movie, so **** that i almost about to drop the chance of wacht it the second time just to be afraid of walking out more pissed :mad:

UltimateManGod

I enjoyed it, but I still need a couple more viewings to get a real good grasp for the film. So I'd like to see it two more times at minimum. Not sure exactly when I'll do this though.

Legendary Times

Killah|Bee said:
ppl that thinks that is better than LC shoulda get a life

Shoosh. Personal opinion dude. LC's my least favorite too. I was VERY disappointed (and still am) when that movie came out 900 years ago.

Indy running around around in a black tie without ever taking off or at least loosening his tie... come on! Very un-Indy-like!

Whipper

Caught the midnight show, saw it again tonight, will probably see it with a friend this weekend, and probably with my parents the weekend after that.

Beyond that, we'll see. :) I imagine I'll see it another time or two more at the least.