Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Morning Bell said:
Maybe it's that crazy satchel. It's causing all sorts of problems.:p

I think Young Indy has the satchel, but someone uses the Staff of Kings to lift it off him while he's sleeping and the quest is realy for the satchel!

dr.jones1986

So are there any biblical experts on here who know anything about the staff of moses, because Indy has previously gone after the staff of Aaron in "Secret of the Sphinx" and i was wondering if these two objects are considered to be distinict or the same object? Hopefully they are seperate so it doesn't create another continuity problem in the Indy canon.

Also if you watched the special features for KotCS it shows that as one of the background props for the movie they created moses staff, so it would be really cool if this game ends with the staff being put into the a box and stored at area 51...

Morning Bell

dr.jones1986 said:
So are there any biblical experts on here who know anything about the staff of moses, because Indy has previously gone after the staff of Aaron in "Secret of the Sphinx" and i was wondering if these two objects are considered to be distinict or the same object? Hopefully they are seperate so it doesn't create another continuity problem in the Indy canon.

Also if you watched the special features for KotCS it shows that as one of the background props for the movie they created moses staff, so it would be really cool if this game ends with the staff being put into the a box and stored at area 51...

I'm wondering if this is the same staff that Moses used to strike the rock full of water in the desert, a move that angered God and prevented Moses from entering the Promised Land. It could also be the same one that Moses carried when the Red Sea parted and when he held it above his head in order to be victorious in battle.

While God caused those events to happen, it does seem like Moses had his staff with him during many important and significant events, so I can see it playing an important role within the game.

The Drifter

Morning Bell said:
I'm wondering if this is the same staff that Moses used to strike the rock full of water in the desert, a move that angered God and prevented Moses from entering the Promised Land. It could also be the same one that Moses carried when the Red Sea parted and when he held it above his head in order to be victorious in battle.

While God caused those events to happen, it does seem like Moses had his staff with him during many important and significant events, so I can see it playing an important role within the game.

Aaron's staff was the one that transformed into a serpent and also swallowed the sorcerer's serpents. His also was the one placed the in Ark. I forget alot of things I read in the Old Testament.

Irfaan

dr.jones1986 said:

Well played... I think your theory is 100% correct, since one of the developers once mentioned it will related to the fourth Indy movie in a tiny, tiny way.

Sounds fantastic when you think about it.

dr.jones1986

Irfaan said:
Well played... I think your theory is 100% correct, since one of the developers once mentioned it will related to the fourth Indy movie in a tiny, tiny way.

Sounds fantastic when you think about it.

Oh i didn't know they dropped that little hint, so hopefully however this story ends it will show the staff of moses winding up in area 51 as it is in the background of KotCS.

Morning Bell

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Aaron's staff was the one that transformed into a serpent and also swallowed the sorcerer's serpents. His also was the one placed the in Ark. I forget alot of things I read in the Old Testament.

I sometimes get the two staffs confused as well, but the Staff of Aaron was great in Secret of the Sphinx and hopefully we'll be able to use Moses' staff in the game itself.

The Tingler

While the Staffs of Moses and Aaron are usually described as separate, the Staff of Moses is usually thought as shaped like a Bronze serpent and called Nehushtan, but this didn't really do much and was destroyed by King Hezekiah in Kings 18:4 (Staff of Kings?).

The famous staff that parted the Red Sea, brought down the Plagues upon Egypt and transformed into a huge snake is sometimes called the Staff of Aaron or Moses, but seems to be the same one. This is proven when Exodus 17:5 calls the Staff of Moses "the staff that struck the Nile" (turning it to blood), which at that time was called Aaron's staff.

So yes, unfortunately Indy's going after the same thing again.

The Tingler

indyt said:
This staff also parted the Red Sea, by God's power ofcourse.

I said that!

It should be noted that both Exodus 17:9 and Exodus 7:1 both refer to the Staff as the power of God Himself.

"Moses said to Joshua, ?Choose some of our men and go out, fight against Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hand."

Dark Horse

yeah, I saw this in the KotCS DVD extras as well. Would be a great tie in. I gotta go make a Staff of Kings for my figures now....

indyt

The Tingler said:
I said that!

It should be noted that both Exodus 17:9 and Exodus 7:1 both refer to the Staff as the power of God Himself.

"Moses said to Joshua, ?Choose some of our men and go out, fight against Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hand."

Sorry Tingler, I missed you.

The Drifter

Did anyone read the preview in EGM this month? They acted like they were sorta disappointed in the game and they made quite a few negative remarks about KotCS.