Indy 4 puzzle.

Suzerain

DarthLowBudget said:
Site now reads (in red text): Ex.40:34-38

Seems to answer my question about the end scene of Raiders being based on biblical accounts... A cloud, a fire in the cloud. The rest of the chapter seems to clarify Raiders' take on the Ark, too, as it explains that the Ark needed to be kept shielded. In other words, no one was really supposed to look at it. So, that's why Indy and Marion escape it's wrath.

I wonder how the investigation is going into the authenticity of that website?

Gobi-1

Wow. Either this is LucasFilm are someone very clever and with a lot of time on their hands is pulling our legs.

No Ticket

Ok.. OKaaayyy...

Now I'm confused. I don't know if this is a serious viral marketing thing or just some fans screwing around! If it's viral marketing, is it just here to mislead everybody!?

I have to admit it's becoming more convincing, but any fan could do that image in Photoshop or put a reference to the Ark in The Bible on there. Something in flash would definitely pursue me the other way. Something more official looking and professional.

It's kinda interesting though isn't it.

Gobi-1

DarthLowBudget said:
I fell kind of like they're continuing to build it, and maybe they didn't quite plan on people finding out about it yet.

That could very well be the reason. They may have been planning a viral campaign with this/these websites and the fans found it before they were suppose to and they're scrambling to add content.

Or they simple bought the domains for the serial numbers so no one else could and they added a few tidbits that link back to the official site.

:whip:

Suzerain

DarthLowBudget said:
I fell kind of like they're continuing to build it, and maybe they didn't quite plan on people finding out about it yet.

But then that wouldn't explain why the first site got updated only a few days after being launched. I think they want us to keep checking. And get addicted.

NileQT87

yeah, (buying up websites) that works as long as they are linking to the official website, but when they are pointing you at reading about the ark on wikipedia and the tabernacle in the bible, i say they are trying to either educate people so people don't go into the theater going "what's the ark?" or they are trying to lead us somewhere with their freaky, little websites.

Gobi-1

Suzerain said:
But then that wouldn't explain why the first site got updated only a few days after being launched. I think they want us to keep checking. And get addicted.

It's working.

(y)

Johan

Now the site changed and say's Ex40:34-38 ....I'm assuming this is Exodus, I can't comprehend what they are implying though

Exo 40:34 Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of Jehovah filled the tabernacle.
Exo 40:35 And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of meeting, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of Jehovah filled the tabernacle.
Exo 40:36 And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel went onward, throughout all their journeys:
Exo 40:37 but if the cloud was not taken up, then they journeyed not till the day that it was taken up.
Exo 40:38 For the cloud of Jehovah was upon the tabernacle by day, and there was fire therein by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.

For those of you that don't know: the Glory of God often appeared in a cloud on the mercy seat between the cheribum on the ark. Also keep in mind that these are the last 5 verses of the book of Exodus. We gotta keep checking this daily.

Last edited:

NileQT87

TABERNACLE.jpg

vlcsnap00001pz7.jpg

vlcsnap00002nt4.jpg

this is the only thing i'm coming up with.

Johan

It IS talking about the pillar for sure which is actually probably the largest and the longest lasting miracle described in the bible.

MMMM pillar of fire up to the sky? Sounds like a alien beam....I sure hope I'm not right

No Ticket

If you look at the HTML on www.9906753.com, it says the ALT response for the image is "That thing represents everything we got into archaeology for in the first place."

... ALT response is supposed to show up when you hover over an image but it isn't work for me in FireFox, probably would in IE.

How do we know whoever's doing this it isn't one of YOU GUYS!!!!???? lol.

NileQT87

sorry, too poor to go around buying up websites and hire big companies to carry out my odd gimmicks.

you can also check me off for not knowing the bible well enough to know odd excerpts like that. lol. if you said biblical pillar, i'd think lot's wife, pillar of salt, sodom and gomorrah. i know a lot of the egyptological bible stuff (actually, i know more about ramses II than moses), as it goes with a basic grasp of world mythologies/religions and how it coincides with a basis in history sometimes. i know as much or more about egyptian/greco-roman mythology as i do the bible stories. the only parts i've actually sat down and read were the first chunks of the exodus and part of genesis during a friend's choir recital at a local church, sitting in the pew.

johan, i think it sounds like you're our bible expert.

as for the ALT thing... yeah, i use firefox. ...interesting...

Last edited:

Gobi-1

I use IE and it does say "That thing represents everything we got into archaeology for in the first place." if you hover your arrow over it.