Indy 4 puzzle.

No Ticket

I really don't think the city of the gods title is what they're gonna call it anyway... it didn't look like what Spielberg mouthed in the video on IndianaJones.com. I think he really did mouth the title. Just wish I could figure out what it was!

commontone

No Ticket said:
I think he really did mouth the title. Just wish I could figure out what it was!

I disagree, I think he was just being facetious and didn't really mouth anything. I took it as a kind of theatrical, smart-aleck thing to drum up some intrigue.

fixer79

commontone said:
I disagree, I think he was just being facetious and didn't really mouth anything. I took it as a kind of theatrical, smart-aleck thing to drum up some intrigue.

My thoughts exactly. Don't try to make something from what Steve mouthed.

I'm still intrigued by that website though... Reckon it's fake, but who knows...

VP

Moderator Emeritus
No Ticket said:
Something in flash would definitely pursue me the other way. Something more official looking and professional.
I wouldn't describe Flash professional.
No Ticket said:
... ALT response is supposed to show up when you hover over an image but it isn't work for me in FireFox, probably would in IE.
No. The text in the alt tag is for alternative content when images are disabled. Internet Explorer has this messed up while Firefox, Opera and other good browsers have it the correct way. The contents of the title tag are displayed when you hover over an object.

http://indy4.com/ still kicks ass. :whip: ;)

Suzerain

On 9906573 they had up another Old Testament verse, Josh. 6:13:

Carrying the seven ram's*horn trumpets, the seven priests walked ahead of the ark of Yahweh, blowing their trumpets as they went, while the vanguard marched ahead of them and the rearguard behind the ark of Yahweh, and the march went on to the sound of the trumpet.

The rest of the chapter is about Jericho being leveled.

And the link which was up there led to another Wiki article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia

However, before I could post this information, what I noted was already taken down. So, you can't verify it.

Suzerain

Apparently, this is the part of the article that was being cited:

Acacia seyal is thought to be the ****tah-tree of the Bible, which supplied ****tim-wood. According to the Book of Exodus, this was used in the construction of the Ark of the Covenant.

NileQT87

ok, so we know acacia was used in the making of the ark.

Several parts (mainly bark, root and resin) of Acacia are used to make incense for rituals. Acacia is used in incense mainly in India, Nepal, Tibet and China. Smoke from Acacia bark is thought to keep demons and ghosts away and to put the gods in a good mood. Roots and resin from Acacia are combined with rhododendron, acorus, cytisus, salvia and some other components of incense. Both people and elephants like an alcoholic beverage made from acacia fruit.

this is the bit that interested me in relation to the raiders finale. also--remember dietrich's crack about "jewish ritual."

as for the mysterious disappearing bible passage: trumpets and marching (marching was coming up earlier in the other passage as well)... i can't help but think of the raiders march.

i'm starting to feel like i fell down a rabbit hole chasing after the white rabbit.

Last edited:

No Ticket

VP said:
I wouldn't describe Flash professional.

Well, it's a lot harder for someone to make a very professional flash document than it is an HTML website with just some text or a bland graphic. That doesn't mean it couldn't be faked, but I know how hard Flash can be.

VP said:
No. The text in the alt tag is for alternative content when images are disabled. Internet Explorer has this messed up while Firefox, Opera and other good browsers have it the correct way. The contents of the title tag are displayed when you hover over an object.

http://indy4.com/ still kicks ass. :whip: ;)

Thanks for clearing that up. I always thought it meant Alternate Response, I guess it could still mean that giving your definition of what it's used for. I always used it for the other way.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
No Ticket said:
Well, it's a lot harder for someone to make a very professional flash document than it is an HTML website with just some text or a bland graphic. That doesn't mean it couldn't be faked, but I know how hard Flash can be.
Something being hard isn't the same thing as something being professional. Updating sites made with legacy code is a pain in the ass while updating sites with modern code is a breeze, but there are still loads of "professionals" who insist on using tables for layout, font tags and spacer gifs.

scifiwolf

Gotta go with VP on this. It doesn't necessarily matter how hard it is, just so long as it looks and functions in a high quality manner. A perfect example is using Paintbrush to make a graphic vs. Illustrator. A same, or similar, result can be obtained from either medium, if you know what you're doing.

joelwatts

Dr.Sartorius said:
If Lucasfilm is behind this, they're responsible for one of the worst viral marketing campaigns ever.
Or the best. The fact that we don't know what is going on sure is mysterious, and who doesn't keep checking in?

I don't think the McGuffin is the Ark, but that it is related to the Ark. I think that's what "too connected" means, and what the similar crate numbers mean. I don't think they would reveal the McGuffin this early, but they are hinting at it.