Indy 4 puzzle.

northernsoul

It seems weird they'd fiddle round with links to wikipedia and the like... But the fact http://www.9906753.com/ leads to indianajones.com seems like an official marketing campaign thing to do....

Oh well, it makes the wait much more interesting!

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I think they merely got the numbers wrong on the official site. They'll eventually change it because, like the crates at the Disneyland ride, it looks like bad franchise management.

I also expect this thread to wind up in the fanwork forum...

IndyFan89

Moedred said:
I think they merely got the numbers wrong on the official site. They'll eventually change it because, like the crates at the Disneyland ride, it looks like bad franchise management.

I also expect this thread to wind up on the fanwork board...

Can't do that untill it's official.

No Ticket

scifiwolf said:
Gotta go with VP on this. It doesn't necessarily matter how hard it is, just so long as it looks and functions in a high quality manner. A perfect example is using Paintbrush to make a graphic vs. Illustrator. A same, or similar, result can be obtained from either medium, if you know what you're doing.

I didn't mean that it couldn't be done. I just meant it would LOOK more authentic if it were something of that sort. Flash with video implemented into it and effects. I'd believe it more. Like the flash poster the joker defaced on WhySoSerious.com with the countdown clock. Because the poster itself is custom artwork with a countdown to a realtime event.

... I guess that's what I was getting at. Something like that. I mean, I can go find an image of a crate online and stick some letters over it.. register a domain name and then stick it on a black page linking to IndianaJones.com and have all sorts of fun watching everyone try to figure out what the connection is!

I think most people inclined to do something like that as a joke, probably wouldn't be able to use flash on the pages. Although I'm sure some could.

IndyFan89

There is to awnsers.

1) They're trying to dangle the bait over us to watch us all snap at it.

2) Some dude is ROFL right now watching us all sqwerm like little girls.

Maybe Lucas and Speilberg had a arguement about if people was going to like the new plot? Speilberg is proving it threw this. Probably not.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'm thinking fanwork. Some dude probably thought it would be funny to sucker in Indyfans.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Violet Indy said:
I'm thinking fanwork. Some dude probably thought it would be funny to sucker in Indyfans.
Too expensive...the company that owns the site is legit, and they aren't cheap.

BTW....if you put in the correct serial number as a web address...look what you get:
http://www.9906753.com/

scifiwolf

Aaron H said:
Too expensive...the company that owns the site is legit, and they aren't cheap.
The OP mentioned 22Digital in the first post. Is the company you are referring to? Is there any proof of this? I don't mean to sound like I'm giving you the third degree, I'm just trying to compile as many facts as I can on this issue.

scifiwolf said:
The OP mentioned 22Digital in the first post. Is the company you are referring to? Is there any proof of this? I don't mean to sound like I'm giving you the third degree, I'm just trying to compile as many facts as I can on this issue.

Do a WhoIs on the website. It's registered to 22Digitial. No disputing that.

IndyFan89

scifiwolf said:

I'm going by post mad at Club Obi WAn.