League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Kill Cavalry

I appreciated the literary refrences ("Call me Ishmail.") but it left me wanting more. Entertaining, no doubt, but there is just something else, some elusive quality that it lacks.

swords

Yes, it felt rather off, like there was a flaw of some sort, but you couldn't quite know where it is, or how you are percieving it. Oh well. I also enjoyed it, so I left satisfied.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Just saw it yesterday, and it was great! It only flaws were that some parts were not believable, and they looked too much CGI. Overall it was fun.

Canyon

Cain said:
I'm probably gonna get smacked on the mouth for this, but I thought it was an excellent movie. I really enjoyed Connery's Quatermain, and could really see him as a template for an older, jaded Indy. In addition, the characterization of the rest of the League was tremendously well done. Even the story suffered very little for characterization's sake, a rarety in comic-inspired films.

7594_x006.jpg

I have to agree with you. While my other half hated this movie I really enjoyed it. There are some parts where its almost like looking at the adventures of Henry Jones Sr. lol!

I think that maybe they could have worked on the the plot a little but more, but I was very entertained nonetheless.

One thing that I thought was neat was when the adventure starts, the date is July 1899, the same month and year that our beloved hero was born!

l_1720943.jpg

Henry begins to realise that his son s adventurous lifestyle is, in fact, very cool...

Webley

The photos of henry Sr are cool. Is thar a reference of King Solomon's Mines in this movie.
PS: He looks cooler as Quartermain than Richard Chamberlin.

Luke_indyWalker

Yes, they do talk about King solomons Mines in the openiong sequence.

I liked the bit where the gunmen came in-

ARE YOU ALLAN QUATERMAIN?

Yes, yes i am.

Then they shoot him. The gunfight was awesome.

Venture

The gunfight scene was awesome, but the fisticuffs were the best. Nothing like seeing a bunch of guys in their thirties getting it handed to them by one in his seventies. By the by, Canyon, the pix are first class. Where'd you come by them?

Canyon

Cain said:
The gunfight scene was awesome, but the fisticuffs were the best. Nothing like seeing a bunch of guys in their thirties getting it handed to them by one in his seventies. By the by, Canyon, the pix are first class. Where'd you come by them?

Thanks! :D I usually do my picture searches on http://www.Google.com

Pootie Tang

Dissapointing in my opinion, didn't enjoy what so ever. Connery was my main attraction for the movie, and his acting barely saved it from becoming one of the ****ing stupidest movies I've ever seen.

Venture

LXG comes out on DVD Dec. 16th. Any clues as to special features? The information on this forum is usually as comprehensive as it is first-rate.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Commentary by producers Don Murphy and Trevor Albert and actors Shane West, Jason Flemyng, and Tony Curran

Commentary by costume designer Jacqueline West, make-up effects supervisor Steve Johnson, visual effects supervisor John E. Sullivan, and miniatures creators Matthew Gratzner

"Assembling the League": a six-part behind-the-scenes documentary

12 deleted and extended scenes

Widescreen anamorphic format

Amazon.com:)

Webley

Iv been thinking of this movie a lot and I think thare could be a franchise in it and this is how I think it should go down. Star with a new League set in the 1930s The Rocketeer Doc.Savage TheShadow Dick Tracy The Phantom
Each movie a new League and a new time set. You could have one in the year 2999 or something or one in the 1970s with Shaft, the Duke boys, the Six Million Dollar Man and Evel Knievel

QueZTone

i liked this movie a lot, even though a lot of people hate it! Sure its one full plate of fantasy and cgi, but still it was a fun ride!

Indy1936

I thought it was an awesome movie and I hope they do a sequel and somehow bring allan quatermain (sean connery) back... seeing as how, to me, they left it open for a return from the dead, black magic kind of second movie. But that's just my opinion.