The "Casual Fan's" Reaction to KOTCS

Aggie Crusade

Sankara said:
Most most casual fans think that "Indy 4" is a nothing great and that "Indy III" was much-much better...

For many Die Hard-fans like me this movie is one of worst movies of all time...

Oh really, when did you poll all of the casual fans? Sounds to me like you're just trying to project your opinion onto people you haven't even talked to at all.

While you're here *****ing about the movie, I'm out looking at new fedoras.

Blade

Great response Aggie, you're a bit touchy aren't you.

For the record, I rarely go on message boards, but I was so appalled by Kingdom that I felt obliged. As I am at work, I'm getting paid very well while doing this.

Mrs_Fedora

Sankara said:
Most most casual fans think that "Indy 4" is a nothing great and that "Indy III" was much-much better...

For many Die Hard-fans like me this movie is one of worst movies of all time...

oh your poor soul.. so did it ruined your childhood?

davejames

Ok this is just getting weird. I'm starting to think more and more that my city really DID get a different version of the movie than everyone else.

Because most of the people in my office who saw it over the holiday thought it sucked, and I heard from a couple more friends of mine who thought it sucked too (as of now, it's still just my easily-impressed dad who liked it). :D

I have no doubt that there are a lot of people out there (yes, probably the majority) who enjoyed this movie. I just can't FIND any of them. lol

Darth Vile

Blade said:
Great response Aggie, you're a bit touchy aren't you.

For the record, I rarely go on message boards, but I was so appalled by Kingdom that I felt obliged. As I am at work, I'm getting paid very well while doing this.

How much do pizza delivery girls get paid these days???
:rolleyes:

Blade

Darth Vile said:
How much do pizza delivery girls get paid these days???
:rolleyes:

Darth Vile, you seem to be very touchy about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. My bet is that you are a closet homosexual!

Darth Vile

Blade said:
Darth Vile, you seem to be very touchy about Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. My bet is that you are a closet homosexual!

It's not me delivering the pizza's. Besides you seem a little besotted with this gay thing. You know what they say about those who have it on their mind?

Blade

Darth Vile said:
It's not me delivering the pizza's. Besides you seem a little besotted with this gay thing. You know what they say about those who have it on their mind?

Hilarious.

They should have used that joke about delivering pizza's in KOTCS.

When Indy quips Part time, he should then go onto say that he also delivers pizzas.

In fact, that is actually better than the hilarious quip about it not being as easy as it used to be.

MaxPhactor23

People throwing out pizza delivery and homosexuality insults sound like trolls to me. Not one more then the other. What does lifestyle have anything to do with this movie and opinions on it? I'd love to hear what both of you are doing with your lives. That should offer us all some humor.

indytim

I work with a woman who I would describe as being a casual fan of the movies. She really enjoys the original Indy trilogy and was excited to see the new edition. That said, when I saw her the morning after she saw Crystal Skull she said 'I was very disappointed with the film. It was just so silly in places'. She went on to say ' Even though I've seen the others quite a few times I've no interest in seeing this one again' ... Yikes! You could say she wasn't a fan :eek:

Jones_Happens

My favorite part about this thread is how quickly it turned into a slapping match between fanboys. Thanks to all who posted what I was looking for...casual fan reactions.

A few more friends of mine saw it and liked it quite a bit.

Mothy

Perhilion said:
If nothing else, KotCS is introducing Indy to the "younger" folk in a positive way.

I think so. The younger demographic seem to be enjoying the film immensely. If anything this will ensure another generation of Indy fans.

Agent Z

indytim said:
I work with a woman who I would describe as being a casual fan of the movies. She really enjoys the original Indy trilogy and was excited to see the new edition. That said, when I saw her the morning after she saw Crystal Skull she said 'I was very disappointed with the film. It was just so silly in places'. She went on to say ' Even though I've seen the others quite a few times I've no interest in seeing this one again' ... Yikes! You could say she wasn't a fan :eek:

I can see her point. The Silly factor in Kingdom is the most make-or-break area for most people. I can respect her opinion.

Quite honestly, I like the film for the most part...but some of the dumb as hell ideas, like the frdige and the monkeys, will haunt me to my grave.

Jones_Happens

Mothy said:
I think so. The younger demographic seem to be enjoying the film immensely. If anything this will ensure another generation of Indy fans.

For me, that is a huge deal. We all got to enjoy Indy films as kids, it's great that a new generation has an Indy film of their own to enjoy.

Jones_Happens

I just heard from a close friend who saw it last night. He is the definition of a "casual fan" and is a rabid fan of Bond movies and the Bourne movies. Anyway, he liked the movie EXCEPT for the alien ending.

psion

I love it (crazy Indy fan). All my friends are casual, only seen Indy on TV, and only for a few times. they all love it. And wanted to watch the trilogy on DVD again.

Weridest thing is that my dad, who is NOT a Indy fan, but took me to TLC at the movie theater, actually said to me that althought he love the movie, but was disappointed that Indy 4 didnt have TRANSFORMERS action in there.

I was shocked, maybe becasue my dad isnt a movie fan, but I did force him to watch Transformers like 3 times. So maybe that messed up his mind.

But my point is that some normal viewers, might look at this movie and think the action is NOT enough.

I for one, think, the berg did this on purpose to match the others. Eventho it had over the top CG stuff. The action was really really held down to keep in the feel of the old 3.

I mean, I would love to see a fight on the jungle cutter, but if it was made, it would have been super green screen in this movie, and it might look very very on-par with new action of today. And that would have been out of place.

I liked the balancing. Althought my dad and his friends prefered more HUGH nonsense action. He even told me, he wanted the cutter to do a CG flip over like the truck in Terminator 3. That was horrible. I dont want that.

so, some people would love more modern action.
some people, just love it for its simplicity (if you think Pirates series) that series got to deep and complicated. It is refreshing for a simple 80s style movie around nowadays.