The Plot…

IndianaJaune

but how literally are you supposed to take this moment exactly? I don’t think we are supposed to take the idea Indy is knocked out by a single punch and they get him back and to bed. It’s more that the cut is playful and giving the idea of that, but really it could be taken he’s punched to make him come to his senses?

In my opinion, there is no ambiguity in the scene because after the cut, he wakes up in his bed and looks, confused, around him and the medicine on the shelves. It almost felt like a potential moment where he would have realized it was all a dream (but thanksfully it was not aha).
He then tells directly Helena when he sees her in his living room that she should have let him stay in the past.
I guess it doesn't definitely close the door to the possibility that she punched him to make him come to his sense but as she already tried hard to make it come to his sense in the previous scene with Archimedes, during a moving monologue, it makes way more sense to me than he wakes up in his bed after the punch. Or rather that he was punched out when they got back to the present (by getting into Teddy's plane and getting back to the time fault) and that he might have waken from time to time during his convalescence here and there but that we see the first moment where he finally gets out of bed and meets Helena.

British Raider

In my opinion, there is no ambiguity in the scene because after the cut, he wakes up in his bed and looks, confused, around him and the medicine on the shelves. It almost felt like a potential moment where he would have realized it was all a dream (but thanksfully it was not aha).
He then tells directly Helena when he sees her in his living room that she should have let him stay in the past.
I guess it doesn't definitely close the door to the possibility that she punched him to make him come to his sense but as she already tried hard to make it come to his sense in the previous scene with Archimedes, during a moving monologue, it makes way more sense to me than he wakes up in his bed after the punch. Or rather that he was punched out when they got back to the present (by getting into Teddy's plane and getting back to the time fault) and that he might have waken from time to time during his convalescence here and there but that we see the first moment where he finally gets out of bed and meets Helena.
Ok thank you. He’s also injured, right? I was thinking that might play a part in it too. Intrigued to see how he is after the gunshot, if he’s weaker during the subsequent scenes? I doubt he’d be so confused and on medication because she punched him haha

IndianaJaune

Ok thank you. He’s also injured, right? I was thinking that might play a part in it too. Intrigued to see how he is after the gunshot, if he’s weaker during the subsequent scenes? I doubt he’d be so confused and on medication because she punched him haha
Yes, his injury happens just after he found Archimedes' tumb so he is injured for all the last scenes, approximately for a good 30 minutes I'd say ! And honestly I was surprised when the gunshot happened and really thought he was shot just above the heart so I was worried he might die aha but it turns out to be a shoulder injury. He is definitely weaker after this and also hand-knotted but that doesn't prevent from fighting back and having a good action scene!

Juniah1255

Yes, his injury happens just after he found Archimedes' tumb so he is injured for all the last scenes, approximately for a good 30 minutes I'd say ! And honestly I was surprised when the gunshot happened and really thought he was shot just above the heart so I was worried he might die aha but it turns out to be a shoulder injury. He is definitely weaker after this and also hand-knotted but that doesn't prevent from fighting back and having a good action scene!
Are there any f bombs dropped in the movie?

Face_Melt

So from what I am reading, the version of The Flash showed at Cannes was actually not the final version of the film. And things were removed to keep them a complete secret until it’s official worldwide premiere.

Could something similar be done with Indy? Might there be another ending we have not seen? An extra scene at the end perhaps?

IndyBuff

I saw something lately were Kennedy said they were still doing some editing and working on the film, so maybe they used Cannes to judge reactions to certain lines or scenes and are tinkering to fix those issues. Guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

StockdeFerry

I saw something lately were Kennedy said they were still doing some editing and working on the film, so maybe they used Cannes to judge reactions to certain lines or scenes and are tinkering to fix those issues. Guess we'll find out in a few weeks.
Where did you see it?

IndyBuff

Where did you see it?
I remember hearing it on a podcast a few days ago. Granted, it sounded more like a rumor, so I'll have to go back and see if I can find an actual link.

And now I double-posted. I should have clarified that in my original post. That's what I get for posting right before bed after a long day. :sleep:

indyt

Has anyone been curious about what the Star Wars reference will be? Keeping with tradition, I hope there is one.

chapter11

Personally, I’m betting the plot will be based around an ex Nazi scientist (brought over to the U.S. via Operation Paperclip to work on the Apollo 11 mission) who is seeking an ancient artefact which enables time travel. His motivation will be to alter the course of WWII in some form, and in the later part of the film, Indy will have to follow him back through time to stop this.

Going by what we’ve seen so far, I’m leaning towards the artefact being created by Archimedes, in Ancient Greece, but also fancy it will be linked to Egypt in some way as well.

Wow, this was really close to the final movie!

Lance Quazar

Personally, I’m betting the plot will be based around an ex Nazi scientist (brought over to the U.S. via Operation Paperclip to work on the Apollo 11 mission) who is seeking an ancient artefact which enables time travel. His motivation will be to alter the course of WWII in some form, and in the later part of the film, Indy will have to follow him back through time to stop this.

Going by what we’ve seen so far, I’m leaning towards the artefact being created by Archimedes, in Ancient Greece,

Just my two cents, but there you go…
Well, this didn't age well.