What do you dislike about Indy 4?

mfisher

yikes... Hayden Christianson !! he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag... that guys performance in the Star Wars prequels was a complete train wreck... I am still apprehensive about Shia.. but I am completely confident he will be far better than Hayden Christianson

Vendetta08

mfisher said:
yikes... Hayden Christianson !! he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag... that guys performance in the Star Wars prequels was a complete train wreck... I am still apprehensive about Shia.. but I am completely confident he will be far better than Hayden Christianson

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was just kidding, as much as I love Hayden, I don't want him in Indiana Jones.

Good day to you too sir:hat:

JimSmith

Hopefully there will be only a slight acknowledgement to aliens, and keep embracing the mystery of the skull instead and keep the adventure moving.

Adolf Hitler

mfisher said:
I think people underestimate Shia. If anyone wants to view his range I would actually suggest checking out his vocal performance in Surf's Up. I was pretty impressed with it and it shows he's capable of doing more than entertaining large robots.

As for Hayden, I still hate the man for ruining the Star Wars prequels (not the Lucas hadn't already had a good ty at that himself).

Adolf Hitler

JimSmith said:
Hopefully there will be only a slight acknowledgement to aliens, and keep embracing the mystery of the skull instead and keep the adventure moving.
I'd say there is a fair chance that this will happen since all the movies so far has included the fantastic in some form or another.

Anyyone feel like the new movie might be borrowing from things like the Tomb Raider games? Iirc several of the Tomb Raider games involved either aliens of the biblical extraordinary at their conclusions.

IrishLuck1980

Only thing I don't like is the Aliens rumor. Aliens have no business in the Indiana Jones world. Now, I am excited about returning to the Ark somewhat. Great idea. But has anyone considered this? Perhaps the Ark is the beginning sequance? Perhaps it's Indy raiding the government warehouse and stealing the Ark back? Highly doubtful, but does sound exciting... And the other thing is Lucas. I have no faith in him as a director or story-teller and more. He ruined the Star Wars Trilogy and butchered the Young Indiana Jones DVD sets. The man needs to be shot or someone take over his empire and give us fans what we have been asking for. Original Star Wars Trilogy, remastered on DVD, and DVD Set on the COMPLETE Young Indiana Jones CHRONICLES!!!

indyfan85

Im not particularly fond of indys new sidekick (shia)

And if he's his son I'll :sick: I look more like jones than Shia. :eek:

deckard24

Indyfan85, I second that! The son angle has now started to bother me a bit. I was disappointed, then okay for a while after seeing Disturbia and Transformers, now I'm just not crazy about the idea at all. I guess I just don't want to see the Indy franchise dragged through the mud with a weak final installment. Not to mention, the rumors of Son-of and daughter-of Indy films and TV shows in the future:sick: !

"don't want to see the Indy franchise dragged through the mud with a weak final installment"

The good news is, even if this movie totally gobbles gas-mask bag, it won't have changed anything that happened in the first 3....

So, no matter what, we'll always have what came before.

deckard24

Clinton, that's true.

The whole thing just reminds me of when you find a band that you like that isn't huge yet or been discovered by the masses, then they have one hit song and soccer moms are driving around in mini-vans blasting it! Yeah I know Indy is a global movie icon, but still since he's been dormant for nearly 20 years it's not like he's been exactly on the mainstream audiences' radar. Now, next May it will be Indiana Jones everywhere you look, and if the movie sucks the sting will be that much worse!

I just have this bad feeling that Indy could be going down the Star Wars route.

I think everybody is suffering from 'pre-wedding day' nerves here. The feeling that the big day is gonna end in catastrophe. Relax. When the veil is lifted, Indy's face will be there in all his glory and the congregation will breathe a sigh of relief. It's gonna be fine. Trouble with this analysis is why is Indy wearing a wedding veil? Never mind. The big day will go well and the buffet is delicious.

Hawkeye

I'm just thankful that this movie is actually being made! Why worry about what you can't change? On May 22, I plan to be sitting in the movie theater, watching a new Indiana Jones movie. After letting the feeling sink in and seeing the movie, then I'll pass judgement.