What do you dislike about Indy 4?

trippweeder

I hope they keep the focus on Ford and not La Beouf. In fact, Natalie Portman as his daughter was a better idea - we males don't swoon over Shia.

Last edited:

Whipper

Exactly!! Harrison Ford looked very fascinating with that beard.
He did. As for Indy, I just took the shaggy beard as a sign that he'd been out in the wilderness for awhile on his latest quest. For some reason, I never pictured him wearing it back to the college. Quest time is beard time, but otherwise...?

No Ticket

trippweeder said:
I hope they keep the focus on Ford and not La Beouf. In fact, Natalie Portman as his daughter was a better idea - we males don't swoon over Shia.

I don't like the idea of Natalie Portman as his daughter. I mean, she was in the Star Wars prequels... I just don't think it's such a great idea bringing her to another Lucas-related project that is bringing back an older Lucas-related franchise. But I did like the idea of him having a daughter more than a son.

trippweeder

No Ticket said:
I don't like the idea of Natalie Portman as his daughter. I mean, she was in the Star Wars prequels... I just don't think it's such a great idea bringing her to another Lucas-related project that is bringing back an older Lucas-related franchise. But I did like the idea of him having a daughter more than a son.

I just have a dread of them sidelining Ford gradually throughout the movie - a daughter would be a good sidekick, whereas a son could hog the limelight.

BadDates

trippweeder said:
I just have a dread of them sidelining Ford gradually throughout the movie....

That possibilty hadn't occurred to me before but now you say it, it's a really worrying thought :-S

I really hope that that doesn't happen!

BadDates

sarah navarro said:
...its called the adventures of Indiana Jones not the adventures of everyone else except Indiana Jones.:whip:

True...but that only means that they shouldn't sideline him, not that they won't :)

As an optimistic person, I'm inclined to agree that the focus will be on the Main Man Harrison throughout, as it should be...but even the idea of setting up some a future Shia series to the extent of focusing things on him towards the end of the movie is IMO quite alarming! Actually, I've got nothing against future Indy movies featuring Shia as the main character (they could well be entertaining and realistically we'll never see Harrison in Indy 5) but I think that setting up such a series in Indy 4 just wouldn't feel right. I want maximum Harrison-exposure in Indy 4 as it'll surely be the last time! :)

Maybe the reason Mutt has his name on his jacket is to make his character inescapable from the mind in a kind of 'This is Mutt, get used to him, he's gonna be around for some time' kind of way...

Either that or he's a bit slow witted. If someone asks him his name, he checks his jacket before he can respond!

Last edited:

No Ticket

Well... Indy shouldn't be on the BACK of that motorcycle... he should be the driver! That seems to make Mutt seem to be the dominant one... unless of course Jones is just too busy fighting off bad guys to worry about driving!

Dr. Gonzo

Man o man, this has probably been talked about before but the fact that shia's name is mutt is hilarious. Indiana is named for the dog. If Mutt is Indy's son then thats hillarious man becuse he would be a mutt the product of marion, a very classy lassie, and Indy, a rough around the edges but lovable stray.

Dr. Gonzo

Dr. Indy Jones said:
Disney's Lady and the Tramp??? :eek: no way, lol

hahaha yeah man. Actually it would be Lady and the Tramp 2... the one that went straight to dvd, cause lady and the tramp have a rebelious little son in that one. HAHAHA

No Ticket

Finn said:
You call a chick who can drink a bunch of Nepalese sherpas under the table "classy"?

lol. I was thinking the same thing. I'd have to say she's more of the same breed as Dr. Jones.

tnswman

I think that there will be a very good reason for Indy to be on the back of the bike. I'm sure he will be doing plenty of fighting from the back and as we saw, he ends up driving too.