What do you dislike about Indy 4?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
herr gruber said:
I think everybody is suffering from 'pre-wedding day' nerves here. The feeling that the big day is gonna end in catastrophe. Relax. When the veil is lifted, Indy's face will be there in all his glory and the congregation will breathe a sigh of relief. It's gonna be fine. Trouble with this analysis is why is Indy wearing a wedding veil? Never mind. The big day will go well and the buffet is delicious.

I agree with you Herr Gruber. But that Indy wearing a wedding veil is more than slightly disturbing. But perhaps that's the "surprise" KOTCS has.

Adolf Hitler

Hawkeye said:
I'm just thankful that this movie is actually being made! Why worry about what you can't change? On May 22, I plan to be sitting in the movie theater, watching a new Indiana Jones movie. After letting the feeling sink in and seeing the movie, then I'll pass judgement.
Finally, someone with sense...

enoch

Wow, there certainly seems to be some anti-alien sentiment here. For the record, I have no idea if aliens are present in this film or not, but I seriously doubt Steven and George would think it a good idea to mix Close Encounters with Indy.

On a side note, if this disdain for aliens has something to do with ones personal comfort level, then I can completely understand. But in all sincerity, you might want to begin to entertain the idea at some point. Ancient history is full of enigmatic references to aliens. To make a film that revolves around religion and the occult, and somehow conveniently leave ancient astronauts out of the big picture, is laughable. It's worse, it is a misrepresention of the ancient records. Even ones faith may be a product of wisdom HANDED DOWN FROM ON HIGH.

I don't necessarily want to see a scene featuring Indy doing hand signals with E.T., but let's not create a scenario where aliens are incompatable with ancient civilizations. Nor would I make a mockery of compelling evidence that "aliens" were here long ago, and quite possibly, are here now. And if that makes anyone afraid, then you are exactly who Steven made Close Encounters of the Third Kind for. :)

Last edited:
"Ancient history is full of enigmatic references to aliens."
No... it's not... The only people who think so are idiots like Erik Von Daniken... And he ONLY thought that way, when it was selling him books.

"compelling evidence that "aliens" were here long ago"
There's no such thing....

"Steven and George would think it a good idea "
They most likely wouldn't know a good idea if it bit them on the arse....

Matthew

I hate Shia's character being dressed 'greaser' like, especially if it's a significant length in the film, I of course dislike that they didn't shoot at more locations.

Adamwankenobi

ClintonHammond said:
Harrison Ford hasn't turned in a performance that didn't blow Chunks-The-Monkey in about 10 years... Not to mention the fact that he was too old to play the character when last he did it... Now it's just a pathetic joke.

Lucas hasn't put his hand to ANY good work in more like 15 years.

Spielburg is one of the WORST thing to ever happen to film unless you like tripe...

What I have heard about the script sounds exactly like the garbage I've come to expect from George & Steven...

Son?!?! Oh please... are we going to retread that tired old ground.... it was lame when it was done in Empire Strikes Back... It's even more lame now.

Old Indy? Sigh.... I have ZERO interest in stories of heroes trying to come to grips with their mortality. It's boring. It's been done (pardon the pun) to death.... and it's been done way better than George and/or Steven will ever be able to do. (Again, I'll like their track record, the skite-stains they've cranked out as 'films' over the last couple of decades speak for itself.... )

Aliens?!?! So now, what? This is going to be like the end of A.I. (A damn fine movie until Steven rubbed his crap-covered hands all over it) all over again?!?! If that is the case, this movie is going to stick out like a sore thumb when put beside the other Indy films....

I have ZERO call it 'faith' for lack of a better word in George.... I have little more than contempt for Steven.... I mourn the passing of the acting skills that Harrison Ford USED to possess. (He was FANTASTIC in movies like Mosquito Coast or Regarding Henry.... after that he was typecast to play this same boring thing over and over and over and over, and I for one am sick to death of him doing it.... and of late I'm sick of him phoning it in like he's done most recently in films like "Hollywood Homicide" and "Firewall". In both, he may as well not even have been there.)

These are just some of the reasons I'm firmly of the opinion that Indy 4 is a BAD idea that is going to stink worse than a homeless dock-side whore at low tide.

Do I WANT to be wrong?!?! You're FN right I want to be wrong!!!
I just don't see any single reason to even entertain the idea that I might be wrong at this point.... Even Karen Allen isn't going to be enough to save this P.O.S. movie.

So... basically, you're saying that TRUE Indy fans shouldn't like KOTCS? :p

sunshinestate1992

ClintonHammond said:
"Ancient history is full of enigmatic references to aliens."
No... it's not... The only people who think so are idiots like Erik Von Daniken... And he ONLY thought that way, when it was selling him books.

"compelling evidence that "aliens" were here long ago"
There's no such thing....

"Steven and George would think it a good idea "
They most likely wouldn't know a good idea if it bit them on the arse....
are u just trying to get a rise out of everyone ?
pathetic
especially on an indiana jones forum

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I wished the film had been shot at more locations other than America. There's an entire world outside of America too even though Lucasfilm marketing tend to forget that.

Especially in reference to the Young Indy DVD release not being in Australia for Christmas!!!!!!

One of the few things I don't like regarding locations is the fact that it seems there won't be any
"old-temple-ruins-in-the-snowy-mountains-of-Tibet/Nepal/whatever else" sequence.

Having recently seen the picture of Brendan Fraser as Rick O' Connell at Shangri La (official blog site of "The Mummy 3") made me think about one of the best chapters in the "Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine" storyline.
The sanctuary of Shamballa, one of the levels I adored most. It was FANTASTIC in my opinion. An ancient, sacred temple, hidden in the higher peaks of Kazakhstan mountains and not meant to be discovered by anyone in the centuries. A mystic place, lost in time, the legend saying only people with a truly pure heart can find it. That was an awesome location, filled with mystery and a magical atmosphere.
We have never seen something like that in the previous Indy movies, so I would have really much liked such a location in the new film. :(

oki9Sedo

The Stranger said:
Well, that's another thing I dislike. The beard would have been really cool!! :(

He would have looked silly fighting villains and kissing women with a great big beard. They were absolutely right to maintain the traditonal, beardless look.

Adamwankenobi

oki9Sedo said:
He would have looked silly fighting villains and kissing women with a great big beard. They were absolutely right to maintain the traditonal, beardless look.

The Stranger was refering to the beard Ford had in an episode of Young Indy, which he shot while filming The Fugitive. Although Ford did indeed have a large beard in The Fugitice, his beard wasn't very big in that episode.

oki9Sedo

Adamwankenobi said:
The Stranger was refering to the beard Ford had in an episode of Young Indy, which he shot while filming The Fugitive. Although Ford did indeed have a large beard in The Fugitice, his beard wasn't very big in that episode.

Oh I saw that episode, and I thought he looked silly. How many heroes have you seen, fighting baddies and scoring the ladies, with a great big beard? Five o'clock shadow is fitting, but a beard is not.

Adamwankenobi said:

Exactly!! Harrison Ford looked very fascinating with that beard. It made him look a lot wiser, I thought it would have been perfect for the next film, in which we'll see Indiana Jones as a much older character... for him not to wear a beard induce me to think Lucas and Spielberg wanted somehow to "hide" the real age of the actor, making him look less different from what he was in the past...

(oki9Sedo, you're right about the beard in "The Fugitive"... that was definitely too much... LOL :D ... but I, and I suppose deckard24 too, wasn't thinking about that. LOL)

EDIT: I just read your new post oki9Sedo... LOL... now the question is...
- "Silly vs Wiser. Who would win?" LOL :D

Last edited:

deckard24

Personally, I thought Ford's beard in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles: The Mystery of the Blues episode rocked! I thought it was a great look for Ford(along with the longer hair and scarf), and makes perfect sense for an aged grizzled archaeology professor.

The beard in The Fugitive was cool as well, but a bit too bushy. I laugh every time he's running through the woods in the beginning of the flick, because he looks like the Wolfman!