What is the one factor that most CONTRIBUTES to the success of this film?

What is the one factor that most contributes to the success of this film?

• Supporting Characters: Oxley, Mac, Stanton, and the rest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4th in a Trilogy: How well did it connect? Not enough/Too much?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jim Tigernuts

Salacious said:
One good thing that this movie does is that it proves Harrison can still play Indy.

That is all, I cant think of anything else positive to say right now.

Laughing time is over!

<short_round>Not very funny!</short_round>

Remy

Harrison Ford made it worthwhile. He was great. I also have to give the filmmakers credit for not playing it safe. TOD was dark and not safe at all. TLC followed the format of Raiders pretty closely in a manner I would call reasonably safe. But for Crystal Skull: Flying saucers? Whatever your opinion of that, the movie was at least different than Raiders and TLC in format even if if might not have been as solid as TOD.

Silentrascal

Without question, the best aspect of the movie is once again seeing Harrison Ford all decked out again as Indy. There were glimmers here and there of the spark that made the other films so enjoyable, but they were very quickly doused by the poor script/dialogue/bad CGI.

I will say that one success of this film is how it portrayed Indiana being older, grislier in the cynical, loss-of-innocence 50s.

The good times are over and the 50s are here. Indiana's prime has well passed and he looks uncomfortable in these new, changing times.

He's being accused of being a traitor, his 'friend' Mac betrays him corrupted by money, Dad and Brody have died, Ox distanced himself from Indy (Marion makes mention of this), etc...

It shows one of Indiana's attributes that distinguishes him from other iconic movie heroes - his humanity that we can all identify with.

Sharlow

Harrison Ford as Indiana for sure.

There's no way they could ever replace him in this role, he's made it his, and only his.

I fell in love all over again.

Jo

Hanselation

Take H. F. ...

dress him like Indiana Jones and let him still make a walk through a forrest, and you still have an Indiana Jones movie.

Canyon

Harrison without a complete doubt. (y)

He was not only fantastic as Indy but gods above, looked just like the Indy from Last Cruasde!!! :D

And of course, if you're a lady like me, you'll really appreciate the scene where they're scrubbing Indy down. :D :eek: Woot! (y)

Sharlow

Canyon said:
Harrison without a complete doubt. (y)

He was not only fantastic as Indy but gods above, looked just like the Indy from Last Cruasde!!! :D

And of course, if you're a lady like me, you'll really appreciate the scene where they're scrubbing Indy down. :D :eek: Woot! (y)

I appreciated, I appreciated:eek: :eek: which is kinda weird coz he's nearly as old as my dad, and my dad don't look anywhere near that good lmao

Athenee

They didn't make this film soon enough; I mean, even five years earlier and Harrison Ford wouldn't have been quite so battered from the stuntwork.

Did anyone notice (not sure where--the camp, the truck?) that Indy flipped a line from RLA? In "Raiders", he says, "It's not the years, it's the mileage." In response to Marion in KCS, he replies, "It's not the mileage, it's the years."

The presence of HF as Indy is a given (it's called "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"-- duh! D'oh!); when I heard that Marion was showing up, I really wanted to see this movie (I wanted to find out what she was going to do to him *this* time...).

vf wing

I voted for Harrison's return too, but i would also mention specifically his brilliant acting. The subtleties he brought to the character do a lot to convey how much time has passed and how much Indy has changed.