What is the one factor that most CONTRIBUTES to the success of this film?

What is the one factor that most contributes to the success of this film?

• Supporting Characters: Oxley, Mac, Stanton, and the rest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4th in a Trilogy: How well did it connect? Not enough/Too much?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dr.Sartorius

Did anyone notice (not sure where--the camp, the truck?) that Indy flipped a line from RLA? In "Raiders", he says, "It's not the years, it's the mileage." In response to Marion in KCS, he replies, "It's not the mileage, it's the years."

I didn't notice that line because it wasn't in the movie. What version did you see?

DoktorJones

The beginning of the film. Just like Temple of Doom, the beginning of Crystal Skull was the best part of the movie for me. Seeing the warehouse and the glimpse of the Ark in its long forgotten crate was a nice touch. And the atomic bomb scene with Indy in the refrigerator was very funny to me. I liked most of the main section of the movie, as it did feature a mystical and unexplained relic like the other movies, and there was plenty of action.

Athenee

Yes, it was there!

Dr.Sartorius said:
I didn't notice that line because it wasn't in the movie. What version did you see?

I saw it and heard it, and I jabbed my husband in the ribs twice because he missed it the first time around! It probably was after the dry sand, and it could have been after the ants (since Indy was well tenderized from getting pummelled by Red Grant, or whatever they were calling him in this incarnation).

I don't know; I do know it's in the Dark Horse comic (er--"graphic novel") adaptation (after they get tossed out of the DUKW--"three times it drops; through eyes I last saw in tears"), when they're on the shore across from the rock face. It may have been written into the script but never filmed, but the tie-in book writer and the graphic artists probably put it in. When you think about it, since the phrase is a reverse of what Indy said to Marion in RLA, it's a perfect endpiece for this movie.

And besides, if Indy didn't say it, he should have. Indy and Harrision have highly developed senses of irony... ;)

(Personal to Dr. Sartorius: are you a big genre/SF film fan in New England? Do you use the same i.d. on another board? In other words, do we go to the same SF movie marathon in the Boston area?)

Benraianajones

On Marion's debut in KOTCS, doesn't she say something (or very similar) that she says in Raiders? I am sure she does - something to do with the "it was about time you showed up" or something.

Katarn07

Athenee said:
Did anyone notice (not sure where--the camp, the truck?) that Indy flipped a line from RLA? In "Raiders", he says, "It's not the years, it's the mileage." In response to Marion in KCS, he replies, "It's not the mileage, it's the years."

That line is thankfully not in the movie.

Ford as Indy is the obvious answer, but I gotta give them props for being different. I always wanted something like ToD as far as the artifact goes. They achieved that by not making it a well-known thing and having a legend I've never heard of.