Your ideal Indy IV

indyt

Sorry Chickenstu1, but welcome to the boards. I apologize for not welcoming you. Hope things go well for you here.

Grant Lutjens

I think Indy should consist of 3 Things.
Snow (Himilaya's if possible).
New Stuff. Helicopters possibly. It would be great to see a fist-to-fist fight on a helicopter on the margin of the tank fight on LC.
Shorty...I FINALLY have seen TOD and like it.... Although I myself prefer LC (I havent seen ROTLA yet). It was a good film. and Loved Shorty.
I think a combination of the above would be a ideal Indy (In my mind). Still having the adventure part ,and a area he ahs never been. 2 Desert ,and 1 Jungle..... Ice/Snow area's havent been covered yet .
Oh Plus more :gun: ,and :whip: . Best part of Indiana is the fact that he uses a gun like a smart person (Actually aims instead of fanning from the hip).

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
An Indy IV with Marion in it!!!!:rolleyes:

Having said that:

"BRING BACK MARION!!!"
"BRING BACK MARION!!!"
"BRING BACK MARION!!!"

kongisking

I'm Back with another one!

Hello, everyone! Got a new Indy 4 speculation story here...I just got this idea about a week ago.

The title: Indiana Jones and the Wrath of the Secret Gods. (I'll try to think of a cooler-and shorter-title.)

Okay, how about this: What if the film began with a shot of an iceberg shaped like the Paramount mountain (trademark!), and panned around to reveal Antartica, 1939? Indiana Jones (with Marcus Brody) is searching for a Viking ship that was carrying a magical sword belonging to Leif Erikson, and was lost in the ice centuries ago. They discover an ancient wreck, begin exploring it, and that's when a suprise Nazi submarine arrives out of nowhere (just a wink to Indy fans that love the Nazis as villains). It begins shooting torpedoes at the Ship that brough Indy and Marcus to Antartica and in the crossfire Brody is killed.

Many years later, in the mid-fifties, Indy is now retired out of guilt and grief for his friend. After the death of Brody, Henry Sr. has become the new curator of the Museum, and is trying to convince Indy to come out of his self-inflicted retirement.

That's when Indy receives a summons from Bartholemew Jackson, a famous elderly acheologist who aided Howard Carter in the 20's. He tells Indy that his (Jackson's) daughter, who is a rookie archeologist, has been studying the ruins of Easter Island. But lately a series of assassination attempts have been aimed at her by a covert society (here we get a cool flashback of the girl almost being killed by a bomb blast while studying in London), and Jackson begs Indy to come out retirement and be a bodyguard for his daughter.

Jackson: "You're feats are lengendary! You stopped Hitler from aquiring the Holy Grail! You fought religious extremists in India and rescued an entire village's worth of children! You took down an entire fleet of Japaneze warships all by yourself!"

Indy: "That last one's just an urban legend,"

Eventually Jackson convinces Indy to go to Easter Island and help Jackson's daughter in her research and protect her. He is suprised when his father decides to come with.

They arrive at the island...just in time to stop the terrorists, an ancient cult that is trying to protect an ancient secret, from taking over the research site. An epic action scene and Chase ensues, with Indy rescuing Jackson's daughter (named Gwendolyn) and interrogating the terrorist leader before dying of a gunshot. He tells them that they are the last living descendants of the first civilized humans on earth. The Island Statues are actually the remains of an ancient civilization that worshipped aliens, which genetically engineered mankind and let us loose on this planet.

But eventually a rebellion happened, causing the aliens to leave the planet forever. The problem is that, the prophecy of an ancient phsycic predicted that at the middle of the 20th Century the aliens would return...and try to retake the planet.

It turns out the looney is right, because one night later a huge fleet of advanced alien ships appear above earth, and the aliens begin a reign of terror War-of-the-Worlds style over the planet, with Indy and Gwen and Henry Sr. trying to find a way to defeat the invaders and rescue the planet, all while trying to uncover the secret history of mankind and Indy trying to come to terms with Brody's death.

What do you think of that? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Grant Lutjens

Not bad.... I like the layout.
However......spaceships? Seems a little un-Indy.
VERY good outline beforehand though.... I like the Easter Island aspect. Such a neat subject ,and so little used.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Grant Lutjens said:
Not bad.... I like the layout.
However......spaceships? Seems a little un-Indy.
VERY good outline beforehand though.... I like the Easter Island aspect. Such a neat subject ,and so little used.

Easter Island features in the novel, "Indiana Jones and the Interior World." Mind you, the book is really Indy tripping out.

kongisking

I think Easter Island is such a great mystery and has so much potential for a cool conspiracy plot "The Da Vinci Code"-style. (y) I decided to have aliens in my Indy story purely to try something a little different. :confused: