TOD figures revealed

kevblee

Thanks! That was fast. So this number never changes with the subsequent assortments? It is always the same for basic figures? It worked for me when the line was launched...I got my Indy figs a week before they were supposed to hit the floor.(y) TOD line looks way to good to miss out on!

Lambonius

Billy Ray said:
With EE and BBTS shipping now, I bet we will hear something from Toyrocket soon as well.

Just checked their website and they have a new ship date of Dec. 08. :( I don't get it--EE and BBTS are shipping now; why would toyrocket suddenly push its date back? I'm going to email and inquire.

Arab Swordsman

Lambonius said:
Just checked their website and they have a new ship date of Dec. 08. :( I don't get it--EE and BBTS are shipping now; why would toyrocket suddenly push its date back? I'm going to email and inquire.

Yeah, mine says that too. Let me know what they tell you.

bonoferox

Same here. Just said 1-2 weeks when I placed my order...at least that gives me time to cancel in case I find them in sotres first, I guess.

Arab Swordsman

tnswman said:
The New TOD action figure Ad is AMAZING!! it is in the New SW Legacy comic from this week.

This might be a dumb question and I don't want to start the whole line dead or alive debate but if the line is dead why would Hasbro pay to advertise the TOD figures? I'm guessing they would have gotten the ad submitted before the decision was made to end the line but they should have known by then (and from what's been posted they might have known even when they showed the new Raiders line) that the line wasn't continuing. Plus, if they are going to limit production and these are going to be hard to find why get fans in a frenzy and advertise when they aren't going to be able to find the product? Just seems like another poor decision on Hasbro's part.

Most printed media has a 90-day prior to publication cut-off. So they would have submitted these back in late June. All indications point to them making the decision to not continue the line in early-mid August.

Marty Jones

throwmetheidol said:
Most printed media has a 90-day prior to publication cut-off. So they would have submitted these back in late June. All indications point to them making the decision to not continue the line in early-mid August.

What are your sources for this? As far as I've seen, Hasbro has admitted that the line is in trouble but said that the DVD release and the holiday season would be a big determining factor in the line's continuation. Did this change?

tnswman

throwmetheidol said:

Right!! Around July, they decided to stick to the original 6-8 month sell through plan. This was followed in turn by the distribution backing that plan up...Such was seen in the surge of the basic LC cases.

The Advertising money is spent to market the new TOD figures which falls within the budget plans for the 2008 6-8 month line. This is advertising space that came with the full 2008 Hasbro program with revolving advertisements showcasing new figures. It's NOTHING new, it's the same plan as the other figure ads.

The final decisions were made in august and that's when actual personel were moved around.

Last edited:

tnswman

Marty Jones said:
What are your sources for this? As far as I've seen, Hasbro has admitted that the line is in trouble but said that the DVD release and the holiday season would be a big determining factor in the line's continuation. Did this change?

Now you are questioning Les? Come on now...Question me all you want but Les if the Godfather of Indy collecting. He has sources all over the WORLD!! you don't get any more respected than he is.

He is 100% correct.

You obviously don't understand the HUGE hill is in front of the holiday season to save Indy...Even if the sells are stellar, the chances of retailers saying GIVE US MORE is VERY un-realistic. in the best case the retailers will just be happy they moved all the stale product.

Billy Ray

Lambonius said:

Yeah, I saw that! WTF??? I also e-mailed them but, as of last night, hadn't heard back from them. I'm with Bonoferox though, it will gice me time to find them at retail at least...though I won't go out of my way (too much ;-)). Heck, I usually find stuff when I am not really looking for it anyway, just out gorcery shopping or whatever. Anyway, at least I will have the Toyrocket order to fall back on if I don't find them.

I'm not getting involved in the 'great debate' that is going on about Hasbro's plans for IJ. It is common knowledge that the IJ team has been suspended - as to what will (or will not) come to market will be answered by what we collectors find on the marketplace.

Best advise I can give is for folks to share info when they find something available so that everyone can try and add to their collections.

Marty Jones

tnswman said:
Now you are questioning Les? Come on now...Question me all you want but Les if the Godfather of Indy collecting. He has sources all over the WORLD!! you don't get any more respected than he is.

He is 100% correct.

He may very well be (and the same goes for you), but without a source, it's just speculation.

tnswman said:
You obviously don't understand the HUGE hill is in front of the holiday season to save Indy...Even if the sells are stellar, the chances of retailers saying GIVE US MORE is VERY un-realistic. in the best case the retailers will just be happy they moved all the stale product.

Look, tnsw - I'm not looking to pick a fight with you or anyone else. Is it wrong to ask for a source? I've stated countless times that I am fully aware that the line is in trouble, but at this point, it's "wait and see."

And it's my belief that if the stale product can be moved, the line can continue on a smaller scale (like Hasbro does with its G.I. Joe line) - especially if Lucasfilm realizes the license isn't worth nearly as much as they're charging (which should be likely at this point).

Can someone just give me a link? An official source? That's all I'm asking for. If it's there, I'll believe it. I don't understand why everyone is saying it's dead but not basing it off any official source.

ChromiumBlue37

throwmetheidol said:
I'm not getting involved in the 'great debate' that is going on about Hasbro's plans for IJ. It is common knowledge that the IJ team has been suspended - as to what will (or will not) come to market will be answered by what we collectors find on the marketplace.

Best advise I can give is for folks to share info when they find something available so that everyone can try and add to their collections.

Wait. Are you saying that the team who worked on the IJ toys, (the concepts, desgins, marketers, strategists), was suspended being involved from further progress of Indy toys?

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Wait. Are you saying that the team who worked on the IJ toys, (the concepts, desgins, marketers, strategists), was suspended being involved from further progress of Indy toys?

Yea Bro, Exactly what I told you a while back :(

They did what they we scheduled to do and were moved to other locations. Some even are working on the new Marvel figures and the Gi Joe Movie marketing.

ChromiumBlue37

I remember a year ago when we heard that the team was super jazzed and some off them left the Star Wars Team. They were fighting for the chances to be on the Indy team. They delivered some cool stuff. Hopefully, Hasbro can re group the team and give the Indy line a new approach a little later.

Arab Swordsman

Marty Jones said:
He may very well be (and the same goes for you), but without a source, it's just speculation.

Look, tnsw - I'm not looking to pick a fight with you or anyone else. Is it wrong to ask for a source? I've stated countless times that I am fully aware that the line is in trouble, but at this point, it's "wait and see."

And it's my belief that if the stale product can be moved, the line can continue on a smaller scale (like Hasbro does with its G.I. Joe line) - especially if Lucasfilm realizes the license isn't worth nearly as much as they're charging (which should be likely at this point).

Can someone just give me a link? An official source? That's all I'm asking for. If it's there, I'll believe it. I don't understand why everyone is saying it's dead but not basing it off any official source.

I'm not sure why it has to come from an official source to believe it. Many stories printed in newspapers are done so with un-named sources. At this point why would Hasbro come out and officially say "yes, the line is dead?" It does them no good to admit it before the DVD comes out which will help to boost some sales and before the holiday season. It's all about apperance. While we come to this board and passionately discuss the line tons of casual fans out there don't and it would serve Hasbro to keep those people in the dark about the demise of the line so that they will buy product now in the hopes that it will continue.

This is true for people buying for kids. Would you want to buy them a toy that you know wouldn't be around in the future? If you get them hooked and they want new figures would you want to tell them there won't be anymore? As much as Hasbro has screwed this up they are smart to keep quiet offically. I do trust TN and especially Les that if they say the design teams have moved on then they have. That isn't to say if sales go up dramtically that they can't come back and the line can live on.

And I'm not sure how you think the GI Joe line is small. I think it appers small because they aren't taking up huge spots on the shelves but in my area those figures move very well and new stock is constantly coming in. Plus TN has it dead on when he says GI Joe is able to stay alive because Hasbro doesn't have to pay a license fee to produce those figures like they do with Indy so they have a lot more flexability in sales numbers because of not paying that overhead on the license fee. Knowing what Lucas makes on licensing there is no way in this earth he would sell it at a discount rate to anyone. Why devalue the license to Hasbro which would lead to all the other companies looking for the license getting it at a discount?