Favourite Indy Movie?

hmmm. lets see....

best indy girl: without dubt marion. shes got charm, looks and brains. the only indy girl i would (if i could) date.

best bad guys: Belloq and that nazi guy in raiders. (cant remember his name right now......)

best start: with out dubt raiders. its all time classic cinema all the way. the start of ToD wasnt a big dance act and a shoot out wich isnt even as good as the shoot out/fight in the raven in raiders. and i really dont fancy the young indy in last crusade.

best climax: i actaully think that must be last crusade. the three trails are great but raiders ending is a close nr 2.

best ending: i love the ending of raiders where they place the ark in the gigantic store hall.

best chase scene: Riders. the truck chasing scene is amazing. to me it easely beats the wagon chase in tod and the motorcycle chase in grail.

guess that makes riders my favourite.

generally i also think that raiders is best simply because they got it just perfect in every possebly way. the comical stuff and seriousness is in perfect ballance, while temple of doom got to dark and last crusade got all to cuddely with the whole father/son thing and turning marcus into a clown and taking away much of indys charm by making him into junior. also the grail seems to copying too much of raiders. (bring back the nazies, biblical relic, we have it/they took it/we took it back/they stole it again, back to the desert etc)

if you need more arguments for why i love riders the moust, i got them, but i guess this should do.. atleast for now ;)

[Edited by ironmonkey on 02-23-2004 at 07:03 pm]

thanks. :) ive been lurking for some time and you seem like a nice bunch. feels good to finally be a member. oh, and please excuse my horrible grammar/spelling.... english is not my first language....

Kate

Your English is great! And I will join in the choruses of "Mushi Mushi." Welcome, my friend!

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
It goes back and forth between LC & RotLA, right now LC is my fav. As for ToD, I don't think of it as a part of the Indiana Jones movies. Frankly, the movie sucked on several levels, but that is another topic for another day.

TommyJohnson

My favourite movie is The Fate of Atlantis...if they had done that!

That game has a full story that could be a great movie!
(Also, Infernal Machine and Emperor's Tomb would been cool movies but, anyways, we will never have them, and that's not cool!)

My REAL favourite is:
1-Last Crusade
2-Temple of Doom
3-Raiders

I like ToD and ROTLA both at the same level, but I put ToD at #2 because I love these 2 characters, Willie Scott and Short Round.

Also, I know a lot of people hates Willie.
I love her first because Kate Capshaw is soooo beautiful! and secondly because, like Indy says, "the biggest trouble with her is the noise". She screams and screams again and that made ToD a funny movie.
Last, of course Marion is more intelligient, but I love the fact that Willie is scared of everything and she screames for everything! Most important Willie's thoughts are like "Oh I broke my nail" or "My dress will be dirty again".
Cool

MP3

Tennessee R said:
But I posted again to say I fully agree with everything Tommy said.

...AND to increase your post count. :D

After all, I should know about that - what do you think THIS post is for? :D:D:D

(Just kidding ;))

Pale Horse

Staff member
Kate said:
Your English is great! And I will join in the choruses of "Mushi Mushi." Welcome, my friend!

We can forgive your English, if you can forgive our Japanese. Kate, I have learned that "Mushi, Mushi" means "bug, bug" in Japanese. The correct pronunciation, (and spelling) is "Moshi, Moshi".

Ok back to the "Raiders" as best movie discussion.

TommyJohnson

Also, ToD is the only one that has a happy end.
In ROTLA Indy search and find the Lost Ark, but in the end those "top men" Nazis took it.

In LC Indy search and find the Holy Grail, but in the end, thanks to Elsa, the Grail Temple is destroyed and the Grail is lost (I prefer the videogame-end, when Indy can take the Grail with his whip!:))

In ToD had to find these stones and in the end he can take one stone back to the village, along with his heart and his life.

Finn

Staff member
The point in Indy losing the Ark & the Grail was that those were artefacts too powerful for a normal man to handle. Yes, the quests were to regain major archaeological treasures, but after found out what their powers really were, they really just couldn't be left in Indy's hands.

Even Henry came to this realization in the end of LC. "Indiana... let it go."

TommyJohnson

Finn said:
The point in Indy losing the Ark & the Grail was that those were artefacts too powerful for a normal man to handle. Yes, the quests were to regain major archaeological treasures, but after found out what their powers really were, they really just couldn't be left in Indy's hands.

Even Henry came to this realization in the end of LC. "Indiana... let it go."

"IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM"

What you said is ok, but the Ark goes to Nazi in the end, so that's not a good thing.
But, if the world is still (almost) entire, maybe Nazi lost the instruction sheet on how to use the Ark!:D:D:D:D:D

Finn

Staff member
The Ark going to Nazis? Have you even seen the whole movie? Those were U.S. government officials.

TommyJohnson

Hey Finn, why are you offending me?
Did I ever offend you?
Your 7755 posts doesn't scares me, and remember you aren't the Fuhrer so respect the other Raveners.

ok?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Führer.

He's just making fun of you, because you said that the US Government warehouse is full of Nazi crates.