How Many Times, IJ4?

indytim

Just got back from seeing it for a second time. I actually enjoyed it a lot more upon my second viewing. I think it seemed better once I knew the story and some of the stuff that seemed crazy when I first watched it actually seemed to play much better. Sure it has it's flaws but it's two hours of sheer escapism, and mighty fine escapism at that. My fear has always been that the introduction of Shia's character would ruin the movie but I now have to take a big slice of humble pie because he's great in this movie and a great addition to the Indy franchise.

DarthGemni

Just saw it a second time. It was better the second time, but not a lot. The audience was much less receptive than last night. I did understand the whole crystal skull myth stuff a lot more because since I knew what was coming I could concentrate on the dialogue more...the for me the worst part is still the groundhogs...just pure slapstick and does not fit in at all. Other scenes like the Tarzan scene seemed less offensive. Same with Oxley and Mac and the treatment of their characters. Even Shia wasn't horrible like most (including myself) thought he'd be. And the end, it wasn't as bad the second time either.
Actually I hate to say it but upon second viewing the Indy/Marion banter and relationship was worse.
I thought my expectations were lowered before the first showing but I guess not. Since they were definately lower after I saw it the first time, it was better.
Anyway, I think I'm done in the theater, especially at ticket prices now days (80 dollars for 4 of us for tickets, popcorn, and drinks - yikes!!). Unless my dad or a friend begs me to go again with them, I'll reserve any future viewings for when it comes out on DVD and I can watch them all together.

metalinvader

Vance said:
Sadly, Zero.

The wife's reaction to the previews (which I agree with, with what I've seen) pretty much nixed going out to the theatre to see it (I'm not going alone), which means I'm waiting for the BluRay release.

George and Steve will have to wait a bit for my contribution to their retirement fund.

What's so wrong about going to the movies alone?I've heard a few people say the same thing about going to the movies.I've never had a problem seeing a movie alone.In fact,I prefer it.I also prefer an empty theater too.That's just me though.:p

loganbush

Listen importantly to this...

I watched it the first time and thought it was kind of good/mediocre. But I watched it the second time and thought it was absolutely amazing. I challenge fans to watch it a 2nd time and I think you'll like it a whole lot more after it has sunk in.

Vance

metalinvader said:
What's so wrong about going to the movies alone?I've heard a few people say the same thing about going to the movies.I've never had a problem seeing a movie alone.In fact,I prefer it.I also prefer an empty theater too.That's just me though.:p

I have a phobia of crowds, honestly. I can't focus on anything since I hear every whisper, every shuffle, etc.. sometimes It's like I can hear every single thought everyone around me has. I just can't tune that many people out. I find that having my wife or kids around relaxes me a little bit enough to function in such an environment.

If it means that I have to wait.. four, I think, months for the DVD/BR release to see on my widescreen and all, then I can deal with it. :)

tnswman

Vance said:
I have a phobia of crowds, honestly. I can't focus on anything since I hear every whisper, every shuffle, etc.. sometimes It's like I can hear every single thought everyone around me has. I just can't tune that many people out. I find that having my wife or kids around relaxes me a little bit enough to function in such an environment.

If it means that I have to wait.. four, I think, months for the DVD/BR release to see on my widescreen and all, then I can deal with it. :)

Man up and go see it.

Snakes

I saw it once at the theater today. I would really love to see it again at the drive in though. Perfect drive in movie.

Vance

tnswman said:
Man up and go see it.

Dude, you seriously don't understand. It's nothing to do with testosterone, it's to do with intense agitation. It would be an extremely unpleasant experience for me without my family there to fix attention on.

Kernunnos

Vance said:
Dude, you seriously don't understand. It's nothing to do with testosterone, it's to do with intense agitation. It would be an extremely unpleasant experience for me without my family there to fix attention on.

You obviously don't drink enough alcohol, my friend.

British Raider

Kernunnos said:
Just watched it for the second time.

I'll be watching it again tomorrow and possibly Saturday.

How is it a second time compared to the first? I'm seeing it again on the weekend! :D