In Which Film Did Indy Take the Hardest Beating?

In Which Film Did Indy Take the Hardest Beating?

• Raiders of the Lost Ark

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • The Temple of Doom

Votes: 55 57.3%
  • The Last Crusade

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

Grave Robber

We all know that a classic must in any Indy film is that our hero gets the pulp beat out of him continually. But, in which of the three original film's did Indy take the hardest beating? Cast your vote now! :)

indyflys_solo

Kinda hard to say... I still cringe every time I watch that blasted Nazi punching Indy's gunshot wound and throwing him through the windshield (although Indy gets proper retribution in the end). However, I voted for TOD because in this prequel/sequel, Indy not only takes a severe physical beating (getting beaten with your own whip is pretty humiliating and looks like it hurts) but also a tremendous mental and emotional one. The Thugees pretty much invade his head, not to mention the whole voodoo thing (that Indy had absolutely no way to fight back). And he has to watch Shorty get beaten too. I'm not a parent yet--just a big sister--but speaking as someone who watches out for my little brothers and sisters, there is almost nothing worse than watching a child abused like that. If Indy wasn't utterly defeated before they started on Shorty, that was the clincher (that and the blood of Kali). :(

The_Raiders

He gets it good (as in bad:confused: ) in each movie I think, but I went for TOD, I mean getting whiped, brain washed, voo doo dolled, smashed by the giant thuggee, attacked by thugees, etc So that's why i say TOD :whip: :gun: :dead:

MattJones

Mechanic Fight
Fighting in the Truck
The Only time Indy got SHOT
The Mirror which elicited that scream...

I'm sorry, I gotta go with Raiders.

xVendetta17x

I think it was TOD
There was the psychological damage and physical
He got beat with his own whip, pummled by a Thuggee Thug, had VooDoo performed on him, and his feet almost burned off with a run amok mine chart
Not to mention the physical strain of hanging on to a bridge while it collapsed

Temple, no question about it. You only have to note his physical appearance toward the end of the movie to know he's had three $hits beaten out of him.

whipcracker666

xVendetta17x said:
I think it was TOD
There was the psychological damage and physical
He got beat with his own whip, pummled by a Thuggee Thug, had VooDoo performed on him, and his feet almost burned off with a run amok mine chart
Not to mention the physical strain of hanging on to a bridge while it collapsed

Yeah, all that and he also got poisoned and strangled. And I'm sure that raft ride was none too smooth either.

Dr. Gonzo

Tennessee Smith said:
Raiders, because Marion laid him out with that mirror. He never screamed like that again. :whip:

My sentiments exactly. That is the greatest scream I have ever heard Indy scream... and I laugh everytime I see it. I love how it cuts away to the ship.

Kyle

Gonna HAVE to go with TOD. From start to finish, Indy is getting beat up. From the club to the bridge.

xVendetta17x

I've always thought it was funny how it's the biggest scream i've ever heard from him
But Marion acts like he gasped or something

No Ticket

whipcracker666 said:
Yeah, all that and he also got poisoned and strangled. And I'm sure that raft ride was none too smooth either.

Don't forget his foot gets set on fire too. Let's take a look.

- Posioned
- Stabbed multiple times (it's voodoo, but he still FEELS it)
- Punched a lot
- Whipped
- Drugged (blood of kali)
- Foot on fire
- Strangled
- Gets burned by Shorty

That's just the physical side.
Then there's what he had to DEAL with.

- Jump out of a plane in a raft, then fall over a cliffside
- Jump out of a window
- Save a ton of children from slavery
- Outrun guys in a mine tunnel with no brake to stop it then outrun a flood of water rushing his way
- Cut a rope bridge and hang onto it as it falls
- Not have a gun through the entire film
- Have his mind toyed with
- Trek through the jungle on elephants with... Willie
- Nearly gets crushed in the spike room
- Almost loses his HAT!

deckard24

No Ticket said:
Don't forget his foot gets set on fire too. Let's take a look.

- Posioned
- Stabbed multiple times (it's voodoo, but he still FEELS it)
- Punched a lot
- Whipped
- Drugged (blood of kali)
- Foot on fire
- Strangled
- Gets burned by Shorty

That's just the physical side.
Then there's what he had to DEAL with.

- Jump out of a plane in a raft, then fall over a cliffside
- Jump out of a window
- Save a ton of children from slavery
- Outrun guys in a mine tunnel with no brake to stop it then outrun a flood of water rushing his way
- Cut a rope bridge and hang onto it as it falls
- Not have a gun through the entire film
- Have his mind toyed with
- Trek through the jungle on elephants with... Willie
- Nearly gets crushed in the spike room
- Almost loses his HAT!
You covered all the bases man!:hat: I vote TOD too!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I voted ToD, as the arguments made for it are pretty conclusive, but I feel like the hardest single <I>moment</I> may have been the very end of the tank chase, up to and through his falling off of the cliff. He's in pretty bad shape right then, sitting there resting, when they're so near to the end.