In Which Film Did Indy Take the Hardest Beating?

In Which Film Did Indy Take the Hardest Beating?

• Raiders of the Lost Ark

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • The Temple of Doom

Votes: 55 57.3%
  • The Last Crusade

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

xVendetta17x

ElsaFan said:
Well, we don't know that he enjoyed it. Indy might very well be a sissy when it comes to sex. He might be the type to take it slow, light little scented candles and put some music on. Elsa rocked and tugged the hell out of poor ol' Indy.

Besides, later on when she tells him "how wonderful it was", he doesn't have much of a reaction, but Henry does! Papa Jones might be the one to have sex with.

Indy is a sex machine
To say he is anything other then that is a lie

The_Raiders

Perhilion said:
I'd say TOD. He was poisoned, shot at, crashed a plane, fell off a cliff, nearly strangled, beat up by thugees, whipped, smacked by Willie, burned by Shorty, beat up some more, stabbed in the back via voodoo, even more beatings, had to stop a mine cart with his feet, nearly plunges to his death, and has to fight Mola Ram while hanging from a cliff

Don't forget after all that he had to travel back to the village.

Mr. Z

I still can't believe people aren't considering this:
1) Up all night in a sanke pit
2) A major fight with a german mechanic who beat the tar out of him
3) Being shot in the arm, punched in that arm (many times over!), and thrown out a truck window ... oh yeah, he got dragged under the truck too.

Now, this is all without any breaks of any kind. No Black Sleep siesta on a rock with candles, no leisure hanging out at sacrificies, nothing. He went through all of the above back to back to back. Please, how can this even be a contest? :p

DanRO

I also voted for ToD. Another fact is that the events on Raiders all take place over a longer period of time (perhaps a week) whereas ToD takes place in something like 2-3 days (after the arrival on Pankot palace)
So, even if he had taken the same amount of beating in both movies, it would be much more concentrated during the ToD.

On the other side, I must admit that a shot in the arm disables a person quite remakably well, not to mention the pain (plus constant beating at the wound) and the healing time... hmmm... *scratches the back of his head*

xVendetta17x

Mr. Z said:
I still can't believe people aren't considering this:
1) Up all night in a sanke pit
2) A major fight with a german mechanic who beat the tar out of him
3) Being shot in the arm, punched in that arm (many times over!), and thrown out a truck window ... oh yeah, he got dragged under the truck too.

Now, this is all without any breaks of any kind. No Black Sleep siesta on a rock with candles, no leisure hanging out at sacrificies, nothing. He went through all of the above back to back to back. Please, how can this even be a contest? :p
We've considered it but when it comes down to it each point that Raiders has, Temple has one to match it and then some.

Mr. Z

I don't see Temple matching Raiders on the snake pit, plane fight, truck adventure at all, because Indy (while clearly borderline catatonic) gets to "chill" for awhile in his drug induced haze. No one is punching his bullet wound and throwing him out a speeding truck during this time.

Honestly, it's apples and oranges. The dude is tenacious and tough beyond all imagining, which is one reason why we love the guy (and I just spent an absurd fortune on his autograph at Official Pix :D ).

Kooshmeister

If we're going by hardest beating in a single scene, then most likely Temple of Doom's tussle with the Chief Guard.

And I dunno about anyone else but I'm also a big fan of Vogel's proficiency in the ancient art of Shovel-Fu....

jonesissparrow

LC is the most tame the only REAL beating he recieved in that movie was the 10 minute tank fight, I'm not including his skirmish on the panama hat's ship either. TOD and ROTLA are both equal in pain because if you think about it Indy has full action all through the day, but I think in TOD he gets the most beatings simply because he was nearly strangled, whipped, burnt, brutal beating from the slave driver, tortured by the voodoo doll, his feet is on fire from the mine cart, and finally he fights Mola Ram on the bridge that's alot in one night/day!:sleep:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Is that what they're calling it these days...

Berated by a willie....sound pretty emasculating if you ask me.

Gear

Pale Horse said:
Berated by a willie....sound pretty emasculating if you ask me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Indy had it the worst in Raiders. Shure in ToD we was whiped (ah, another emasculating endurance.... Perhaps he did have it worst in ToD) beaten (....), ect. But in RotLA he...

-got shot... twice.
-beaten by a berly hard core Nazi machanic.
-run down in the scorching desert heat (heat exhaustion is deadly).
-pounded in his wounded arm.
-drug behind a truck.
AND had to endure MARION

AnythingGoes

Indy gets the living s*it beaten out of him in ToD, he was trampled, flattened, sucker punched in the got, slashed with a whip...the list goes on!
:whip:

oki9Sedo

I still think Temple of Doom still takes the cake, but not by as big a margin as some would argue, he takes a terrible beating in Raiders too.

Last Crusade and Crystal Skull aren't as bad.

Montana Smith

Strangled almost to the point of death on the rocket sled by Dovchenko. That was a real cliffhanger in Rollins' novelization.

Everything hurt Indy more in KOTCS as the mileage was catching up with him.

AnythingGoes

Montana Smith said:
Everything hurt Indy more in KOTCS as the mileage was catching up with him.
Quote from the Darabont script:
Indy: It's not the mileage honey, it's the years.
Just goes to show that, like Indy, we've got to live life to the fullest before it's too late!

Montana Smith

AnythingGoes said:
Quote from the Darabont script:
Indy: It's not the mileage honey, it's the years.
Just goes to show that, like Indy, we've got to live life to the fullest before it's too late!

1899-1957: virtually non-stop!

cartoonwars_indiana.jpg

Indy's brother

Raiders. He actually took a bullet (two, depending on who you ask ;) ) I mean a Nazi PUNCHES HIS BULLET WOUND for crying out loud! Sure it's a close race with TOD, but that German mechanic worked him over pretty good, too! Good stuff. In fact, I'm throwing ROTLA into the ole' ps3 right now as a direct result to this question.

Oh, and I love this poll. I gave it the 5 star treatment ::D