In Which Film Did Indy Take the Hardest Beating?

In Which Film Did Indy Take the Hardest Beating?

• Raiders of the Lost Ark

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • The Temple of Doom

Votes: 55 57.3%
  • The Last Crusade

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

xVendetta17x

Yeah but that was pretty much all the stuff he went through
The challenges didn't really beat him up that much
Psychologically maybe, but physically?
Wasn't really that straining

No Ticket

Mr. Z said:
Either way, he's a hero of epic endurance and courage. The Kali thing is awful, but he wasn't under phsical duress during that time. Sure, it wasn't pleasant, but he was hanging out mellow; albeit in an evil trance, but no one shot him, punched him in the wounded arm (which was shot ... did I mention that ;) ), and thrown under a truck. That's way better then some demonic vacation with Mola Ram. :p

No they just stabbed him over and over... and beat the crap out of him. He didn't get hurt being drug by the truck. He seemed to have that planned out, if it did hurt him it wasn't too bad apparently... the only painful part to that was getting shot and thrown threw the windshield.

At the end of the movie, he just is tied to a pole. I mean, in TOD he is cutting bridges and being shot at with arrows nearly getting his heart ripped out etc.

Mr. Z

No Ticket said:
No they just stabbed him over and over... and beat the crap out of him. He didn't get hurt being drug by the truck. He seemed to have that planned out, if it did hurt him it wasn't too bad apparently... the only painful part to that was getting shot and thrown threw the windshield.

At the end of the movie, he just is tied to a pole. I mean, in TOD he is cutting bridges and being shot at with arrows nearly getting his heart ripped out etc.
I don't know if he planned on getting drug by a truck, because that was pretty much his only means of survival. Cutting bridges isn't painful, and he never got shot by any arrows. In Raiders he was fired at by bullets. TOD may have had darker threats and lots of near misses, but he actually got hit in Raiders.

Isn't this kind of debate great. :) We are talking about an absolutely legendary hero; I love that we are so blissfully cavalier about everything Indy went through as if it were all so ordinary. Thank goodness for Dr. Jones. :whip:

No Ticket

xVendetta17x said:
The impact of the bridge hitting the stone whilst your fingers clinging onto a wooden board would hurt like a b!tch

Indeed. And Mr. Z, Indy was STABBED. Just because the pain went away after the voodoo was over doesn't mean it didn't hurt a hell of a lot. I bet you wouldn't want that to happen to you!

Being drug by the truck was something he planned in that, he figured out a relatively crazy but safe way to get back to the other side. Did it look as scary as the bridge thing, not to me... and he seemed to not have to think about it nearly as hard before doing it. Plus it didn't appear to hurt him that much... only that gun shot wound.

Man... he hardly got hurt at all in LC!

Mr. Z

No Ticket said:
Indeed. And Mr. Z, Indy was STABBED. Just because the pain went away after the voodoo was over doesn't mean it didn't hurt a hell of a lot. I bet you wouldn't want that to happen to you!

Being drug by the truck was something he planned in that, he figured out a relatively crazy but safe way to get back to the other side. Did it look as scary as the bridge thing, not to me... and he seemed to not have to think about it nearly as hard before doing it. Plus it didn't appear to hurt him that much... only that gun shot wound.

Man... he hardly got hurt at all in LC!

No Ticket, I wouldn't want any of it to happen to me, except for making out with Allison Doody, of course. :)

He did seem relatively bandage free in LC for sure, especially after the first two flicks.

Kyle

Except for the tank chase, Indy WAS untouched throughout LC. I can see where people are coming from with Raiders...but c'mon...TOD pwns Indy (sad to say).

:hat:

xVendetta17x

Mr. Z said:
No Ticket, I wouldn't want any of it to happen to me, except for making out with Allison Doody, of course. :)

He did seem relatively bandage free in LC for sure, especially after the first two flicks.

Making out is an understatement of what he did to Elsa ;)

ElsaFan

Indy seeemed to have had pretty harsh sex with Elsa in Last Crusade. That should be taken into account.

oki9Sedo

Getting dragged behind the truck looked painful, but manageable. He deliberately does it, and isn't visibly in a great deal of pain during it.

I still think the arguments in favour of Temple of Doom are pretty conclusive. I might add that he gets knocked out for the only time in the trilogy in that film when Pat Roach dumps him in the mine cart.

Chain around the throat. Hit with a shovel. Punched in the face off the coast of Portugal. Socked in the ribs a few times by Vogel. That's about it for LC, isn't it?

Indy Lite.

oki9Sedo

herr gruber said:
Chain around the throat. Hit with a shovel. Punched in the face off the coast of Portugal. Socked in the ribs a few times by Vogel. That's about it for LC, isn't it?

Indy Lite.

If you're being sarcastic, nobody said he didn't take a beating in that film. He just doesn't take AS MUCH of a beating.

oki9Sedo said:
If you're being sarcastic, nobody said he didn't take a beating in that film. He just doesn't take AS MUCH of a beating.

Sarcasm zero. I'm simply stating my view that LC is Indy Lite.

oki9Sedo

herr gruber said:
Sarcasm zero. I'm simply stating my view that LC is Indy Lite.

Well it would get tiresome if he got beaten up badly all the time in every film. Its good that they only really had him getting beaten up in the tank chase near the end.

oki9Sedo said:
Well it would get tiresome if he got beaten up badly all the time in every film. Its good that they only really had him getting beaten up in the tank chase near the end.

I disagree. I like my Indy to have three bells knocked out of him sideways in an adventure that never lets up - which is why I love TOD. ;)

xVendetta17x

ElsaFan said:
Indy seeemed to have had pretty harsh sex with Elsa in Last Crusade. That should be taken into account.
I don't think it should count if he enjoyed it...
i think any of us would enjoy it

ElsaFan

Well, we don't know that he enjoyed it. Indy might very well be a sissy when it comes to sex. He might be the type to take it slow, light little scented candles and put some music on. Elsa rocked and tugged the hell out of poor ol' Indy.

Besides, later on when she tells him "how wonderful it was", he doesn't have much of a reaction, but Henry does! Papa Jones might be the one to have sex with.

Perhilion

I'd say TOD. He was poisoned, shot at, crashed a plane, fell off a cliff, nearly strangled, beat up by thugees, whipped, smacked by Willie, burned by Shorty, beat up some more, stabbed in the back via voodoo, even more beatings, had to stop a mine cart with his feet, nearly plunges to his death, and has to fight Mola Ram while hanging from a cliff