The Definitive Indy 4 Speculation Index

fedoraboy

Dr.Sartorius said:
Some shooting location speculation:

I just noticed, IMDB has the Dominican Republic as one of the filming locations...

That location info has been on the imdb for months and months, it was there long before the official announcement so I would take it as entirely bogus.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
it's wednesday (actually it's already thursday where I live but who cares):

time for a new Siegel pseudo-scoop

btw: i think it's about time connery commits to this thing. but who knows. maybe he already has.

Shortie

He better, if there's one character who returns besides Indy (Obviously), it should be Henry Jones Sr. I'll be really diapointed if he dosen't.:(

Dr.Sartorius

btw: i think it's about time connery commits to this thing. but who knows. maybe he already has.

At this rate Connery will sign on during post-production if he ever decides to be in the movie. If he doesn't want to be in the movie he should just say no. And Lucas should stop trying to get him in the movie.:rolleyes:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Deadlock said:
...There are threads that I did not include. First, it may be that I missed a quality thread. Or... it may be that the thread fell into one of the following categories and thereby wasn?t included:

1. ?News? from bigshots: not really interesting, unless you want to consider how long we?ve been strung along with the same ol? lines. :)
2. Casting speculation: these are mostly ?who?s my favorite actor/actress? threads.
3. Threads speculating about the movie not the content of the movie (release date, will it make money, will Harrison star? Etc. etc.)
4. Off-Topic Threads: some threads started out okay... and then went far afield.
5. Obscure threads: Okay, I admit it... I haven't read every single Indy 4 thread. I just hit the high points.

I imagine that there will have to be periodic updates made to this index. But without further ado...

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
  • Henry Jones Sr. --> See ?Returning Characters?
  • Heroine
    [*]Should he find 'the one'?
    [*]Marion Ravenwood --> See ?Returning Characters?​
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
  • Sallah --> See ?Returning Characters?
  • Storyline --> See ?Plot?
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Time to remind our newer members of the extensive legwork done by our more venerated members.....

Deadlock

Heh.

Such vague and high-level musings seem pretty outdated when compared to the new breed of Indy IV speculation. (Which mostly consists of reading the tea leaves of casting and location announcements and squinting at leaked photos.)

Joe Brody

Deadlock said:
Such vague and high-level musings seem pretty outdated when compared to the new breed of Indy IV speculation. (Which mostly consists of reading the tea leaves of casting and location announcements and squinting at leaked photos.)

Translation:

"Vague and high-level" = Naïve pipe-dreams. Sigh.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I might acquiese that the movie is being made now, as opposed to 2 years ago, but speculation done by "the high level" musings of many members still seems more on track then that of wild fanboy regurgitation.

(don't care about spelling today....I'll leave that for VP)

Indy's Fist

Is Jim Broadbent going to be Marcus Broady? I mean in the articals I've seen he is listed as Indy's friend and colleague. With Demholm Elliott no longer with us, God rest his soul, is it possible that Mr. Broadbent will be his replacment?

-Jones-

Indy's Fist said:
Is Jim Broadbent going to be Marcus Broady? I mean in the articals I've seen he is listed as Indy's friend and colleague. With Demholm Elliott no longer with us, God rest his soul, is it possible that Mr. Broadbent will be his replacment?

Hell, no! They will pay him a tribute, but they won't recast another actor for that role.

Dr.Sartorius

Indy's Fist said:
Who is he then? They won't give a name, this is what leads me to believe he may play Broady.

He's not playing Brody because there was a big painting/portrait of Denholm Elliot as Marcus at Marshall College in one of the video teasers on the official site.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
marcus_college.jpg

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Aaahhhh. Those were the days.

I think that the past 365 days went by pretty fast. And before you can say knife we'll be discussing the KOTCS DVD release.

Indyana Joana

I Think I just caught something!!

I was looking at a listing of the cast and I noticed that John Hurt is going to play Abner Ravenwood. Isn't Abner Ravenwood Marion's dad? Now, I know that Marion said her dad died in Indiana Jones and The Lost Ark, but could it be that he is still alive? He just had to hide the medallion for safety reasons? What do you think?

Indyana Joana
:whip: